misfire - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM
douglas sepulveda

truck runs great but the check engine light stays on a multiple misfire code keeps coming up

Old April 17th, 2007, 08:55 PM
1994 RRC SWB
I just did a quick search on the site and did find some info for you. Go up to search and in the search field type in P1317 that should lead you to lots of great info that will help you out.

I believe you spoke to me at AB today this site will be a great help to you. The guys here have been great to lots of customers that I have sent over here over the years.

Good luck

Eric Riston
Commission-Based Retail Sales Representative
1-800-533-2210 ext 231
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

Old April 18th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top
My check engine light has been coming on regularly for the last year always the missfire 1317 code. I have a OBII scanner and clear it myself. I was told by a few people on this board and by the LR dealership that it is pretty common occurence with 97 D-90s and nothing to worry about as long as it is that code. After clearing it, the light returns about every 5th time I start the truck. PITA but I have learned to live with it...I would undo the bulb, but then if the light did come on for something more serious I wouldn't know

I usually ignore it for a little while and then check it to be sure it is not a different code than the ever present 1317

If I am making a mistake somebody please let me know....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

fire, misfire