Minor Chassis/Bumper Note. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Minor Chassis/Bumper Note.

Just in case anyone else runs into this I thought I should mention it. If you try to fit a First Four bumper with a Richards Chassis the small parts that come out the sides of the dumb-irons between the jacking point and the main rail interfere with fitting. They prevent the side-plates from passing and the only solution is the cut them out, something you would probably prefer to have Richards do prior to galvanizing rather than finding this out as I did, while doing dry-fitting of parts at home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Why not cut the bumper?
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I'll have to take a photo but to do it that way would have required removing a pretty big section of the side mounting plate because it both obstructed sliding it into place and tightening the mount correctly. In the end removing the 1cmx1.5cm chunk of metal on the outside of the dumbirons just made more sense... that and the galv had cracked already when I was trying to coax it into place the first time.

Not ideal, but they are both aware of the issue now so hopefully (fingers crossed) they make the appropriate changes to their next versions so that they do work together. Both are fine products on their own though and very well made in general, so far I'm mostly happy with everything. (except that one vendor did not send me the right doors, which is a major pain).

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Now I think I see what you are talking about. I did not realize the side plate on the bumper as stock ones don't have that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bumper