Metal Dog Guard for NAS? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Metal Dog Guard for NAS?

Is there such a thing? Does anyone have one installed? Can they be modified to not interfere with the internal roll cage?
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2011, 06:58 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

Don't have an answer for you, but why not get a stout net from raingler? Should be much nicer for the pups and won't squeak all the time.
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I got a raingler. It's great. No pups. I have 4 inward folding seats in the rear but I've been thinking about converting it to something like this (see pic). A steel guard is harder to break into and you can mount stuff to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LOAD GUARDS 1.jpg
Views:	1641
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	38901  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Travall makes one search ebay
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
I got a raingler. It's great. No pups. I have 4 inward folding seats in the rear but I've been thinking about converting it to something like this (see pic). A steel guard is harder to break into and you can mount stuff to it.

Hey MANIMAL,

That is an incredible setup. I'm currently going through a quick lesson with a 85lb Weimaraner and a 3 month old Vizsla puppy. I can't take it anymore.

Who manufactures the setup in your pic?

There's not much of a selection... i don't like the NETS at all. I like Manimal's pic.

Thanks again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:13 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Norros, you have the weirdest avatars from Joaquin Phoenix to this . Can I press you to post a pic of your visla? On my short list of pups.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Mantec makes that set up. I wouldn't call it dog friendly though. Unless you work for animal control? It is a cargo storage system that was used for the G4 Challenge. I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norros

Hey MANIMAL,

That is an incredible setup. I'm currently going through a quick lesson with a 85lb Weimaraner and a 3 month old Vizsla puppy. I can't take it anymore.

Who manufactures the setup in your pic?

There's not much of a selection... i don't like the NETS at all. I like Manimal's pic.

Thanks again.

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:42 PM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)

i tried to get the mantec set up for my 110, don't make them anymore, you can search ebay uk as i have seen those show up a few times but then you have to ship it. i decided to make my own using a piece of farmtek flooring at stuff from lowe's, no cage dividing the back seats and cargo area tho, will post a pic once i'm home. very happy with the set up and i have the interal roll cage with external window guards so pretty protected and easy to build.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:52 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Norros, you have the weirdest avatars from Joaquin Phoenix to this . Can I press you to post a pic of your visla? On my short list of pups.

Thanks bro... He is a handful, chews toys, treats, everything from the time he wakes up until sleep. A machine. Gets on our Tibetan Spaniel's nerve's to no end. His name is Ramses.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	101.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	38947   Click image for larger version

Name:	202.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	38948  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:10 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Norros, Great shot of the puppy in the grass!

El Solis, I'd love to see what you built and what kind of materials you used.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:19 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
So cute. Haha thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

http://www.hundegitter24.de/shop/art...3DNATDG1028%26
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

A bit pricey for what it really is... and I mean all of the options. I'm going to fabricate something to go along behind the seats and windows. It doesn't even have to go to the roof completely either. Should be fun, and I get to test my new TIG welder out...haha.

Here's one last more fitting pic.

Peace.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2707.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	38950  

Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Does the Farmtek flooring come in PP only or does it also come in Steel and Alu? Has anyone found other square grid material in steel or Alu? Mcmaster has some but not what I'm looking for.

I'd like to do something similar to the Mantec set up but keep two seats in there. I rarely ever use more than two rear folding seats. I like the flexibility of it, the fact that you can remove the center shelf if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Solis
i tried to get the mantec set up for my 110, don't make them anymore, you can search ebay uk as i have seen those show up a few times but then you have to ship it. i decided to make my own using a piece of farmtek flooring at stuff from lowe's, no cage dividing the back seats and cargo area tho, will post a pic once i'm home. very happy with the set up and i have the interal roll cage with external window guards so pretty protected and easy to build.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Thanks Barry. There's no lack of dog guards for defenders in the UK. I was just wondering if someone has ever put one in a NAS D90 and what mods have to be made to fit it. It would be nice to know before I shove one in my carry-on next time I go to Europe.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

For this one I noticed it said you can't have a rear bulkhead so I would think it should fit right behind the bulkhead bar/rollcage in the nas.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

In an NAS Station Wagon, it should go directly behind the center roll-cage... But in fact, if you are a larger than normal person (I'm 6-2, 225), or even not; you'll need your seat cranked back a bit. There's just doesn't seem to be enough room.

Old May 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Hey fella's...

I'm about to pull my hair out on this one, the pup is growing by the day and now likes to jump from the back area between the jump-seats and onto my lap.

So.... I'm pulling the trigger on STC50479, which is the full height (non-rear-bulkhead) dog guard. I'm going to worry about the windows another time. Not sure if it's in stock though....

Now, I called RN and they had this part, which will work for an NASD90 and they wanted just under $400. Ouch. The best place I found online was RimmerBros.Co.Uk which will ship happily to the USA and they even have a conversion chart regarding $/pounds on their website.

It's going to cost me around $250.

This is the link to their website for STC50479,

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-STC50479BP

And a list of all of the Dog Guards they carry for Land Rovers:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID007953

This should do it. It'll probably be a couple of weeks until I get it, so I'll post some pics if anyone is up for it. There were some other sites, but this one has a decent reputation and it's a no hassle check-out. Oh... Land Rover Jacksonville FL or any other Land Rover dealer won't order it as it's not an LRNA/NAS Part... so, they just told me 10 minutes ago. Savages.

Now off to remove the 1st row of jumpseats that I never use...

Later.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	STC50479BP.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	39112  

Old May 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Great info. Please post pictures when you get it. I might order one as well. How much did Rimmerbros charge for shipping? Is it black powdercoat?
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

I believe the technical description is Grey powdercoat for the finish.

I haven't ordered from RimmerBros.Co.Uk because when I got to checkout it said Backordered... Another site said backordered but only 1-2 days to stock.

Basically, I found it on about 6 websites that I'd order from... Emailed them all about stock & shipping and I'll go from there.

Will post results in full.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dog, nas