Metal Dog Guard for NAS? - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Why did you use a rubber lined hose clamp and not the Brit part hardware for mounting it into the cage? The only invasive part is the inserts that go into the roof rib. All other mounts are easily removed from the pre-existing holes on cage and floor.
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2011, 09:37 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Hard to see in the crappy cell pic but I did not use the lower half of the guard. Nor are any of the usual mountings spots available due to Troy boxes, rear drawer and fridge, etc. What I like about the roll cage mounting is it uses the padding to dampen cavitation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
kinetic
Kinetic Adventures
TDI's

David,
Does that mean the bottom of the guard will not work with Troy boxes? I have one ready to install (Troy box) and another soon to be on the way.

Thanks!!
-Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2011, 02:19 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearmonkey View Post
David,
Does that mean the bottom of the guard will not work with Troy boxes? I have one ready to install (Troy box) and another soon to be on the way.

Thanks!!
-Aaron
No, works just fine, depends on how you position them (front to back). I also have a drawer system that goes right up to the center console which is more of the problem than positioning the boxes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dog, nas