On a recent off road trip my coil overheated and melted. I borrowed one from a friend and it melted down in about 30 minutes. I disconected the battery, borrowed another coil ran it on battery and it has been fine. I had excessive voltage from the alternator, I have heard about the ignition module being bad on the 94s w/o the relocation kit. But my truck runs great. I installed a new coil and alternator and my alternator is not charging the battery, so I have another one on order. I hope it was just a bad alt.
Obi-Wan you,re our only hope.