mastercraft bench seat - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 12th, 2008, 08:11 PM
raychel batts
raychel batts
1995 defender

mastercraft bench seat

does the 36 in. bench seat fit in a 95 st defender? looks to be a tight fit. looking to go with the two front rubicon seats and back rubicon bench seat. saw plenty of good info on front seats but little to nothing on back bench seat. appreciate any help raychel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Yes, the 36 will slide in-between the wheel wells. But, you could fit a 40" if you lift it up a bit (it would be tight), which you should so your passengers have some leg room. 36" will fit two adults, as long as there midgets, and married.

Also, I say this every time, but PRP makes the same seat but is cheaper. I have both.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
raychel batts
raychel batts
1995 defender

thats funny. thanks for the reply

Follow-up Post:

also meant to ask , being that the center cubby has seen its best days, would it be wise to go with a narrower center console. i see that tuffy makes a narrower center console but they reccomend the 12 and half console. will the narrower ones fit? this would help with the wider 22 inch rubicon seats. is all of this neccesary? raychel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by raychel batts
thats funny. thanks for the reply

Follow-up Post:

also meant to ask , being that the center cubby has seen its best days, would it be wise to go with a narrower center console. i see that tuffy makes a narrower center console but they reccomend the 12 and half console. will the narrower ones fit? this would help with the wider 22 inch rubicon seats. is all of this neccesary? raychel
10in is realistically the widest you can fit. I have the 10in, I can post pics if you like. You may be able to get 12in in there but your seats would be rubbing it and they would be hitting the outside of the tub. If your tub is like mine (non nas), you will have the clearance the tub to make the seats fit properly. It's not a big deal. Also, I wanted to run stock seatbelts, those would not fit with the 12in wide tuffy.

Is it necessary? Yes, these are the best and the safest seats you can own. But if you don't wheel, no. They are harder to get into than a standard seat and on long trips, they leave a little to be desired in comfort. If I never wheeled, I would have thrown seats in there from an acura or the like.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old January 13th, 2008, 03:30 PM
raychel batts
raychel batts
1995 defender

always greatful for your advise thanks raychel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bench, master