Masai Sliding window replacement - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Different regulations in different states. OR has strict requirements for the level of tint in both front, sides and rear. In OR its 35% on all sides of a passenger vehicle and 35% in front and 15% in rear of truck/suv. Cops measure and ticket violations so the tinter usually gives you a certificate of compliance. Here are some examples of other states tinting regulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya View Post
Its your driver and passenger windows that need to have visibility.
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Did you end up making window guards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korongo View Post
Sounds good I'll try and get some designs up soon. I'm planning on aluminum. I've seen tabs that just have holes for rivets, and some that gripped the gutter. I'm thinking just doing the holes for rivets unless there is some advantage that I'm not thinking of.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya View Post
Its your driver and passenger windows that need to have visibility.
Yes, also the majority of states allow 'factory tinted glass' meaning not a removable film. think of a chevy suburban or a grand cherokee. if you did get pulled over and the officer placed his little gizmo on the glass you would merely explain that the film is not aftermarket and therefore non-removable.

worst case scenario a judge would concur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Are you saying factory tint is exempt? What VLT rating is factory tint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
Yes, also the majority of states allow 'factory tinted glass' meaning not a removable film. think of a chevy suburban or a grand cherokee. if you did get pulled over and the officer placed his little gizmo on the glass you would merely explain that the film is not aftermarket and therefore non-removable. worst case scenario a judge would concur
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:56 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Are you saying factory tint is exempt? What VLT rating is factory tint?
yes, I am saying factory tint is somewhat exempt. I mean the windows on my grand Cherokee are black in the rear, remember the old pathfinders with the metallic tints on the back windows?

The long and the short of it is this, if you dont over tint your fronts (or any of your windows for that matter) you wont get pulled over, if you should be pulled over dont be a dick and explain to the officer that it is not a film it is the actual factory tint. He's not going to post on d-90 source to verify what a land rover defender came with stock from the factory.

Also where the F**K do you live that a police officer is pulling over a $15K+ Defender because his loadspace windows are tinted?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, window