Mantec Wheel Swing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Rommel
Rolf
94/95/97 Many

Mantec Wheel Swing

Anybody have any negative views on install of a Mantec wheel swing on a 90 SW?
I took the spare off my wagon to search for a rattle and loved the ease of use to load in Blitzen (doggy) so figure a swing would make the door more secure and look like a D90 again,don't like the look without the wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I took the spare off my wagon to search for a rattle and loved the ease of use to load in Blitzen (doggy) so figure a swing would make the door more secure and look like a D90 again,don't like the look without the wheel.
No negatives at all.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
No negatives at all.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
UtahD90
Adam Harward
1995 Defender 90 SW

Registry
For those of you with a Manteca will it fit a SW with factory roof rack/ladders. If so any idea on max size tire with that in mind?
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:54 PM
kinetic
Kinetic Adventures
TDI's

I have the Mantec tire carrier with the NAS style SD rear ladders. no problem whatsoever. Fits a 35", but in truth, I don't have the NAS rear step bumper doohickey, so I'm not entirely sure with respect to that. Only gripe I have with it is that from my understanding, it doesn't handle too much weight that well... i.e. - Jerry cans, hi-lift, or any other fun stuff in addition to the tire. But for just a tire and wheel (35 swampers and wolf wheels are F-ing H-E-A-V-Y) it seems to be as advertised.

Hope this helps
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:46 AM
UtahD90
Adam Harward
1995 Defender 90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearmonkey View Post
I have the Mantec tire carrier with the NAS style SD rear ladders. no problem whatsoever. Fits a 35", but in truth, I don't have the NAS rear step bumper doohickey, so I'm not entirely sure with respect to that. Only gripe I have with it is that from my understanding, it doesn't handle too much weight that well... i.e. - Jerry cans, hi-lift, or any other fun stuff in addition to the tire. But for just a tire and wheel (35 swampers and wolf wheels are F-ing H-E-A-V-Y) it seems to be as advertised.

Hope this helps
Thank you for the feedback

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mantec, wheel, wing