Mantec tire carrier? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 15th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Vunkle
Virgil Broussard
1997 defender 90

Mantec tire carrier?

Does anybody carry the Mantec tire carrier here, with a td5 mounting plate, or only across the pond? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2015, 07:20 PM
samer0214
Samer Hijazi
1997 P38 Vitesse

Registry
Have you tried lucky8llc?
Defenderless, for now!
Old November 17th, 2015, 04:27 PM
DPdotCOM
Dan Pollock
1983 Defender 3 Door

Rovers North has em at a good price.

And to hijack this a bit, anyone seen a good way to mount the mantec when using a half-tailgate? I've modded mine to be swingaway, like the door, but I need to figure out how to mount the attachments to the recessed parts of the tailgate. A fab'd plate would be ideal, but I don't have a shop. Wondering if just big ole bolts or threaded rod would suffice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPdotCOM View Post
Rovers North has em at a good price.

And to hijack this a bit, anyone seen a good way to mount the mantec when using a half-tailgate? I've modded mine to be swingaway, like the door, but I need to figure out how to mount the attachments to the recessed parts of the tailgate. A fab'd plate would be ideal, but I don't have a shop. Wondering if just big ole bolts or threaded rod would suffice.
Use long bolts and spacers to support the mantec plate.

We have the carriers in stock - may be a bit much shipping from the west coast though.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 12:24 AM
DPdotCOM
Dan Pollock
1983 Defender 3 Door

just to continue hijacking, thanks D-NW, the setup went great. New plate lined up with the top boxed area of the tailgate. For the bottom two mounting points, I used some M10 bolts, a locking nut, and 2 normal nuts to sandwich both the plate and the tailgate skin. It's super sturdy and opens smoooooooth.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
carrier, mantec, tire, tire carrier