Mantec Swing Away and QT - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:42 PM
milli
Michael D. Milliken
9590SW

Mantec Swing Away and QT

Lookin for a little help here before I start drilling holes!

The swing away carrier from Mantec refers to the grab handle holes when mounting the bottom bracket.
There are a few holes there in the rear cross-member, but I believe some reflectors came out of there. There two holes on the inside of the cross-member also, but they do not line up either.
What's up here?

Also, does anyone know who can get the QT stuff here in the States?

Thanks a bunch,MM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2004, 01:22 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by milli
Lookin for a little help here before I start drilling holes! The swing away carrier from Mantec refers to the grab handle holes when mounting the bottom bracket. There are a few holes there in the rear cross-member, but I believe some reflectors came out of there. There two holes on the inside of the cross-member also, but they do not line up either. What's up here?

Its not really clear to me what you're asking. Are you asking where to drill for the lower bracket?

Quote:
Also, does anyone know who can get the QT stuff here in the States?Thanks a bunch,MM

Of Course! Glenn sells their products on his website: (http://www.4x4ag.com/).

DJ
Old June 15th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

The Grab handle holes, if memory serves me right were never on the US D's. If you look at a UK or a series truck, there are actual handles used for lifting the truck. You might have to drill your own holes to fit b/c of the NAS rear step bumper they could not be fitted.

EwS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Been a while since I installed mine on the 93 NAS 110, but I remember I had to drill one or two holes for the lower bracket. There are three on the bottom of the Mantec, right? One biggie? The marker holes work for one or two but might need to be drilled out to fit.

DW
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:34 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Mike,

I just installed a Mantec carrier on my 95 D90 SW about 2 weeks ago (thanks again DJ for the recommendation, it rules!)...

Anyway, YES you are going to have to drill some holes. What I did was install the top bracket, then install the door bracket... not totally tight, but tight enough, then get'er lined up... Place the bottom bracket in place and viola' ... mark it, drill it, you're done. (the big bolt that was mentioned is the lower right one and that will drill completely through so you're really drilling 2 holes for that one).

Piece of cake.

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mantec, wing