Mantec NAS V8 snorkel -> 300 Tdi? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
tommyd
Tom
LR3

Mantec NAS V8 snorkel -> 300 Tdi?

Is it difficult to mate a Mantec NAS V8 snorkel (the style that comes out of the driver side vent on the top of the wing) to a 300 Tdi? Because the 300 Tdi snorkels come out of the passenger side fender, right? I prefer the one that comes out of the vent on the wing, but I have a 300 Tdi.

I know I've seen 300 Tdi trucks with that setup, like this one:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5983

thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:22 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I used the V8 one - all you have to do is rotate the air filter canister around so the intake faces the driver's side of the truck. It makes for a snaking hose route unless you modify the wing-top piece, but its no worse than the v8 set up - and the turbo diesel is probably less sensitive to intake plumbing design than an NA gas motor.

The other advantage of the V8 NAS one is that it comes with brackets to attach the snorkel upright to the roll bar instead of brackets to attach it to the windshield frame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM
tommyd
Tom
LR3

So if I don't have a rollbar, I will need different brackets to mount it to the windshield frame?

Thanks, Jim!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
300 tdi, mantec, nas, snorkel, tdi, v8