Manifold for a 4.6? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 28th, 2005, 12:31 AM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

Manifold for a 4.6?

I have a crack in one of my exhaust manifolds and view this as a perfect oppertunity for an upgrade. I have searched the forums and have noticed that it is hard to find a bolt up system. I have a borla exhaust but stock y-pipes. Are there any aftermarket manifolds that will bolt up in this situation and offer a performance gain? RPI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2005, 03:17 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

I don't think there are any upgraded manifold options that bolt right up to the stock Y-pipe. Janspeed UK makes some really nice headers, but they're pricey and you'll have to custom fab the rest of the exhaust to get the cats in the right spot, etc. Then there's the Hedmann headers too, some people have needed to replace the steering shaft though, so that it clears the header.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:01 PM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

Re there any aftermarket manifolds that will bolt up to the NRP y-pipes? Also, what are the performance gains with aftermarket manifolds? I guess I am trying to gauge whether or not it is worth it to custom fab an exhaust system. For BMWs you can get to 30 hp by changing manifolds..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:12 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

As far as I know, the NRP y-pipes are exactly the same configuration as the stock ones. There are no aftermarket exhaust manifolds that I know of that bolt right up to that configuration.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions