Man trans & t-case fluids - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 12th, 2007, 08:27 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtracer
Easy Rambo! I didnt call you a dumb fuck! I could have but didnt! I have been called wosre by better anyway. I still don't think you know what your talking about in regards to MTL's.
Pickin on my grammer is a layup!
You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else, so state it and move on. Personal attacks really aren't called for (though I notice from more then a few of your posts that they are your style), and if you read only this thread you will see there is an overwhelming response on the virtues of Redline's MTL for the R380, your opinion withstanding. Do a search and you will find far more good to be said about MTL than bad. Add me to the list of MTL users that are quite happy with its performance, (having used it in two different manual transmission Rovers over the years) and very happy to recommend it to others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Scott I called the guy out & he started the name calling .. I don't think its my style but I have had my moments & I am not perfect. I have also made amends when due.
Anyway, more than one mtf out there is my point.

thats cuz you don't know anybetter sorry to say! they are all a very good product
Yes a bit harsh! I even said sorry!
Sorry I hurt your feelings! That was not the intent & I have no idea of your experiences nor you of mine.

Way to be a self-righteous dick. Not only is that a pretty bullshit call on your part, but could you find a more arrogant and condescending way to phrase it? What would you know of my experiences? I went through 3 (yes, that`s right, 3) R380 transmissions in my 1995 D90 due to BTS Transmissions in Campbell, Ca trying all forms of ATFs (per Land Rovers recommendations), gear oils (per the 2 transmission rebuilders recommendations) and 2 other MTFs before getting it right and using the only fluid that did not cause issues with the synchros, which was Redline MTF, which was the third MTF we tried. RP and Amsoil MTFs worked decently well, but were not nearly as smooth feeling, and were far rougher while running through the gears. I understand that it varies to a certain degree based on climate and driving style, but I swear by Redline, and that`s that, so keep doggin on me buddy.

Ah don't know what to say about all your trans trouble but I have used RP Syncro for a long time in a few Rovers & Mustangs & has performed very well. Even in my LT that was impossible to shift when I purchased it in 94.
I have no problem eating crow so I will order some today.

Nath if you want to rip on my grammer or spelling make sure yours is impeccable.

Peter
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:21 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtracer
Scott I called the guy out & he started the name calling .. I don't think its my style but I have had my moments & I am not perfect. I have also made amends when due.
Anyway, more than one mtf out there is my point.

thats cuz you don't know anybetter sorry to say! they are all a very good product
Yes a bit harsh! I even said sorry!
Sorry I hurt your feelings! That was not the intent & I have no idea of your experiences nor you of mine.

Way to be a self-righteous dick. Not only is that a pretty bullshit call on your part, but could you find a more arrogant and condescending way to phrase it? What would you know of my experiences? I went through 3 (yes, that`s right, 3) R380 transmissions in my 1995 D90 due to BTS Transmissions in Campbell, Ca trying all forms of ATFs (per Land Rovers recommendations), gear oils (per the 2 transmission rebuilders recommendations) and 2 other MTFs before getting it right and using the only fluid that did not cause issues with the synchros, which was Redline MTF, which was the third MTF we tried. RP and Amsoil MTFs worked decently well, but were not nearly as smooth feeling, and were far rougher while running through the gears. I understand that it varies to a certain degree based on climate and driving style, but I swear by Redline, and that`s that, so keep doggin on me buddy.

Ah don't know what to say about all your trans trouble but I have used RP Syncro for a long time in a few Rovers & Mustangs & has performed very well. Even in my LT that was impossible to shift when I purchased it in 94.
I have no problem eating crow so I will order some today.

Nath if you want to rip on my grammer or spelling make sure yours is impeccable.

Peter
a) I started calling you names because of the manner in which you "called me out", and it was not a matter of being offended, it`s just that as I said previously, you do not need to make calls like that in such a condescending manner. If you do not agree with what I said, ask me why I said it, or tell me why you disagree, don`t just tell me that I don`t know anything. Also, I still have yet to hear why I don`t know any better. Just because I am happy with Redline and would strongly recommend it to anyone who asks? You have yet to give any explanation on where you got this notion.

b) I know nothing because I am particularly happy with the Redline MTF and not the Amsoil or RP? I do not see how my being 100% satisfied with the product makes me naive. What don`t you understand about the fact that Amsoil and RP were not as smooth, and both contained more brass (from everything I understand indicating more wear on the synchros) when drained than Redline? I never said that RP was a crappy product, all I said/ expressed initially was my complete satisfaction with Redline. Also, as I previously said, I understand that climate and driving style play into this equation, and based on what looks like you standing next to a 110 in the snow, I assume you might be driving in a different climate than myself.

c) Where is my "grammer" (by which I assume you mean "grammar") or spelling particularly bad? I am not one to usually pick on grammar or spelling -really, I couldn`t care less about either, but when you try to call me out as a "dumb fuck" and can`t distinguish between "your" and "you`re" you have no room to be calling anyone a dumb fuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2007, 06:28 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I think LUCAS makes a 90wt that has thier oil stabilizer already in it, this seems like it would be good for a transfer case. has anyone tried it?
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
I think LUCAS makes a 90wt that has thier oil stabilizer already in it, this seems like it would be good for a transfer case. has anyone tried it?
Haven't tried it. I usually use mobile 1 in the transfer case.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions