mallory wiring help - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Chris Davis
94 D90, 88 RRC
mallory wiring help

If you are using a stock coil with your mallory distributor, how are you routing your wires? I am still getting an intermittent surge and I am wondering if I cam doing it correctly. I see the factory routing, with both the red distributor and ignition wiring going to the ballast resistor (which is what I am recently doing)and then to the + coil, and I have heard others with the ignition only going to the ballast resistor (and continuing to the + side of the coil) and the red wire from the Unilite module going directly to the + coil..

Curious how others are doing it.

On my negative, I have the green wire and the wire for the tach/ecu...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions