Mallory NLA - "DUI" Distributor Recommendations? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 18th, 2016, 04:07 PM
cowboy
steven
'84 110 & '90 127 LHD 2-carb V8's

Mallory NLA - "DUI" Distributor Recommendations?

Well, the Mallory distributor that seems to have been the go-to is NLA. There's a Britpart knockoff of the LR efi US-spec oem ( http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ERR4738 ), who wants to go first? Nobody?

We have this one post (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post745269 ) vouching for the Performance Distrubutors D.U.I. @ Land Rover Distributors - Performance Distributors Performance Distributors

Has anyone else had a DUI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

I bookmarked this one for reference.

Lucas Land Rover Electronic Distributor Rover V8 35D Electronic Land Rover Distributor Rover V8 35D Powermax with DAB118 [D2M11 & R5] - 108.23 : Electronic Ignition, Home of the Powerspark electronic ignition and electronic distributor
Old June 18th, 2016, 04:30 PM
cowboy
steven
'84 110 & '90 127 LHD 2-carb V8's

Hmmm, but, that's got to be one of the various knockoffs made by whoever it was that bought the Lucas trademark, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Hmmm, but, that's got to be one of the various knockoffs made by whoever it was that bought the Lucas trademark, right?
There is still life in the Lucas Electrical name legally, with TRW licensing the name to Elta who have been growing the product line under the Lucas name again.

Lucas Electrical | Quality Assurance | Test Facilities | Warranty

There are knock offs using the Lucas name and nearly getting the packaging right. This looks to be one of the knock offs.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post748118
Old June 18th, 2016, 07:15 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Dui has been around for a while, if I do recall the few guys who were using it some 10 yrs ago, reported clearance issues with alternator location and height of dizzy.
I have a mallory out of a 68 impala which ran a separate coil not the hei of later chevys. Since it rides deep into block I have yet to find a proper use for it. I don't think it fits rover with out serious mod.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
distributor