Major Wire problem-- dash dissasembly. Need help. Ignition Mallory Unilite - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 13th, 2007, 10:13 AM
vesparover
brian bertolini

Wouldn't you know that I'm having the exact same problem. I have a gm hei dizzy that keeps blowing the module. The ignition light is on now and I'm thinking either the switch or wiring. Have you made any headway? The idea of using the current ignition lead to power a relay makes sense as a temp solution. When I replace the module it will fire right up but once I shut the truck down- bye bye module. Let me know what's up with your fix heath.
brian bertolini
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Heath
Heath Ahrens
1995/D-90

I am going to try and work on it today. I will post my results.
I will be away for about 2 weeks so I will try to post something before I leave.
I am at the same place where I left off...
I am hesitating to take apart the whole dash when it might be something else.
-Heath
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Heath
Heath Ahrens
1995/D-90

Well, I just got back on Sunday and I have been working on the truck the whole day.
I seem to have some sort of a short.
I removed the negative side of the battery and a test light lights up between the ground cable and the post. I started removing fuses and it seems that the Hazard fuse makes the light go off.
Also the radio fuse popped when I was messing with this.
Maybe the radio is wired improperly?

I tried testing the new Unilite module which tested properly for a minute and then popped.
(you can actually hear a popping sound when it goes)

This is killing me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash