Magnaflow Y-pipe ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM
jorge
JORGE ESPINOZA
97 ST WHITE MODS SUPERCHARGED

Registry
Magnaflow Y-pipe ?

Does anyone on the board run these Y pipes ? http://www.performanceexhaustplus.co...ow+performance . I have a GBR DRIVESHAFT and it almost touches the passenger side CAT . Want to make sure I have enough clearance for the driveshaft .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

I'm looking for a Y-pipe as well.

Magnaflow's should be good but their site has them priced at $1,400 - ridiculous

DAP has their pipe for about $600

AB has them on sale for less than $500 but I don't know if they're stainless

Let me know if you found a better deal on magna flow. I'm also concerned about their two-piece design.
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:38 PM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

Magnaflow shows $537.57 on that site with free shipping..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I guess it only works with 4.0?
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

I didn't bother to check that link. That's a great price. So has anyone tried these? If not, I guess I can be the guinea pig.
Old April 11th, 2010, 06:03 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Doesn't the magnaflow redirect to another site? Are these really magnflow or something more generic? I've been wondering about these pipes for a while. Lots of them on ebay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

It goes to car-sound.com. From their about us page, it sounds like Magnaflow is a division of Car Sound.
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

Jorge, I just ordered the y-pipe for $405. It should be here at the end of the week and I can install this weekend. I'll shoot you some picks and can measure a few things for you if you like -- I also grabbed the Magnaflow cat-back while I was at it.
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:10 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Jorge, I just ordered the y-pipe for $405. It should be here at the end of the week and I can install this weekend. I'll shoot you some picks and can measure a few things for you if you like -- I also grabbed the Magnaflow cat-back while I was at it.
Cory, where did you order from?
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

I called the eBay seller that always lists the exhaust deals. It's wundercarparts.com. I got the y-pipe and full Magnaflow exhaust for $890. Free shipping as well.

I was a bit worried because I had read complaints about slow shipping but my order shipped yesterday.
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:17 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Very nice. Congrats. Let us know how it bolts up.
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

Installed the Magnaflow y-pipe and cat-back. Major PITA but it's on. The fit is extremely tight so it took a few tries to get good seals.

I think the fit could be better but you would only say that if you installed it - had to break out my body jack at one point.

Otherwise, the entire exhaust fits high giving better clearance than stock. I noted some folks who only installed the cat-back complained about the hangers not being the proper length. I think that's because it should be paired with their y-pipe.

Now that it's on, I clearly notice a power gain - keep in mind that my cats were shot beforehand. It also sounds great. I was worried it would be too loud but it's just right and noticeable when I get on the accelerator.

I would recommend it to others only if you have a trusted mechanic to install or you're ready to kill a full day on what should be a two hour project.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions