Lust! Sex! Espar! - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
If you don't run it before you get to the car, there is no point to it. It takes a few minutes just to start. You want it on a good fifteen minutes before starting the engine.
Lost in translation. I don't give a shit about cabin heat turning on on its own. I want to remote start the heater, heat the coolant so I can jump in my truck and start it easy and drive without having to start and idle to get it up to temp before hitting the road. I drive like 300 yards to the highway then it's 65 mph for the commute and I wait after starting but prefer to do this all remotely.

I've looked at all the options. Freeze plug block heater would probably meet my needs and be fine if it didn't involve taking half the shit off the engine and out of the engine bay If I do that I will literally rebuild everything and that is not going to jive with my life right now since I'm learning a new airplane and my wife is having a third bebe. While this heater is more expensive I think it'll be significantly better overall for what I want.

Do not read the next sentence.

You little rebel, I like you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions