LT95 Overdive fit on Perentie LT95A? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 23rd, 2017, 04:02 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
LT95 Overdive fit on Perentie LT95A?

Anyone know if an LT95 overdrive will fit on a 6x6 Perentie? The Perentie's transmission is listed as LT95A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2017, 04:13 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
Anyone know if an LT95 overdrive will fit on a 6x6 Perentie? The Perentie's transmission is listed as LT95A.
Not sure if it will fit on the LT95A trans/transfer case, but it cannot be run on the 6x6 regardless of the LT95 designation as the 3rd axle is driven off the PTO slot where the OD would sit. IMO it would be a waste lose the drive third axle capability as that is the whole point of having a 6x6. Alternatively the owner can just regear the diffs to 3.9 or 3.54 to get a better final ratio. On the AULRO forums they have stated the LT95 overdrive is not a good match for the torque impulse and power the Isuzu puts out, but please do your own research as I have never done this combo before

The real question is whether it fits the LT95A in the 4x4, as there are transfer case differences when compared to a standard lt95.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 04:19 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Thanks, that is super helpful! Not the answer I was hoping for but I appreciate the help. Interesting that the 3rd axle is powered like a PTO, I have never seen one up close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2017, 06:01 PM
Shagey71
Sam Hagey
1995 RRC LWB - Alpine White

Registry

Yep! Two drive shafts independently exiting the t case. And this has a pto winch also. Lots happening on this little driveline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'95 RRC CountyLWB - dripping all over central TX
'83 110 HCPU - in piceces, all over central TX
'90 RRC Truggy - loud and proud
'95 RRC CountyLWB Beluga Black - SOLD
'01 P38 - POS Leaked Electricity - SOLD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags