LT230 - difference between auto and manual? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253
LT230 - difference between auto and manual?

I need a new TC and found one from a Disco I, but the guy said it's different between a manual and automatic transmission install. I have not heard this before & can't find any reference to that.. true or false? Can I use it?

Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
'93 NAS 110
Just saw this post so you probably won't need one of my spares that I offered in the other thread. One of the LT230's I have is out of a Disco, and I had to swap over the speedo housing from my old LT230 so that I could connect the speedo. Other than that there were some extra switches/sensors that aren't used. Haven't heard of a difference related to manual vs auto trans.

Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:25 AM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
Its the same t-case just a few sensors that you don't need to hook up. I have a disco unit in my series project truck.
Legend in My Own Mind.
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's
Yeah, I just put a Disco I TC in our defender too. As was said above, you'll likely need to swap the speedo sensor from a D-90 TC. You'll also need to remove the shift lock solenoid. It's right on top of the TC and you remove the four bolts holding it (it has a wire coming out of it) and remove the solenoid from inside the housing (the same as permanently releasing the solenoid) and put the housing back on with some silicon sealant to plug up the hole left from the wires. Works great!
Mom: "Boy, you got champagne taste on a beer budget."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

lt230, manual