LT 230 Questions... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
larsoncarl
Carl Larson

LT 230 Questions...

So I just swapped out the T case of a 99 Disco 1 auto into my defender. It was a low mileage donor and the case seemed like it was in good shape. I completed the swap, and the new case is stuck in low range. The linkage seems correct, but alas the high range will still not engage. My question is two fold, First is there something i am overlooking (one of the many sensors that I did not have in my D-90)? Second, can I unbolt the housing for the linkage and switch it into high range manually? This is a temporary case while rebuild the one I pulled with a GBR low ratio kit.

Thanks in advance,
Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2010, 09:02 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
I'd exponent dropping the case and fixing off the truck. Much easier than on it.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

There is a silver top hat looking thing on top (above the center diff to the rear of the hi/low shifting lever on the case. of the Disco T Case, it has 4 bolts holding it down, it is a low/high interlock solinoid it needs power to let you shift from hi to low and back again, this power is supplier when the disco is put in neutral or park. Take it off and remove the solinoid inside the cover and put the empty cover back on. Sealed up of course.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2010, 12:14 AM
larsoncarl
Carl Larson

Thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for... I was wondering what that was about... I even made a comment about how much smarter this is than my R380 defender case.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions