LR parts in Canada? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 29th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Santiago
Santiago Gigola

LR parts in Canada?

Hello,
I am travelling to Toronto soon. Anybody can recommend me find a shop in Canada (preferably in Canada, otherwise in the US and I will have them shipped to Toronto) where I can buy ALL of the genuine Land Rover suspension rubber bushes for a Defender 110 as well as all of the steering track rod ends and ball-joints required (three in total?)?
I will appreciate your help. I am looking for genuine parts preferably but very good quality alternatives could do as well.

Sorry if the post is misplaced, I am not sure where I should locate it within this forum.

Thanks
Cheers
Santiago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Are you driving up? Or just visiting and taking parts back?

Old January 29th, 2012, 08:50 AM
maleger
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca

Registry
Hola,

There is a pretty good supplier in Buffalo NY, which is not too far from Toronto. He is a member here: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/members/fivespddisco-4942.html

In Canada there is Rover Park Boys in Alberta and Land Rover Salvage in Ontario. Look at toronto.kijiji.ca and eBay.ca to find stuff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Hello,
I am travelling to Toronto soon. Anybody can recommend me find a shop in Canada (preferably in Canada, otherwise in the US and I will have them shipped to Toronto) where I can buy ALL of the genuine Land Rover suspension rubber bushes for a Defender 110 as well as all of the steering track rod ends and ball-joints required (three in total?)?
I will appreciate your help. I am looking for genuine parts preferably but very good quality alternatives could do as well.

Sorry if the post is misplaced, I am not sure where I should locate it within this forum.

Thanks
Cheers
Santiago
Si no conseguis en Canada avisame y yo te los mando desde NY. Voy para Canada en Febrero.
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Santiago
Santiago Gigola

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
Are you driving up? Or just visiting and taking parts back?
Just flying to toronto and back for the PDAC convention. I am in the mineral exploration business.
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Santiago
Santiago Gigola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Si no conseguis en Canada avisame y yo te los mando desde NY. Voy para Canada en Febrero.

Hola Giampaulo,
OK, Gracias.
I think that may be a good option. The thing is I will be staying at a Hotel in downtown Toronto for only 4 days. Do you think you can send it there so that it arrives while I am there or leave it elswhere in Tornot so that i pick it up personally when I go? I will actually be in Toronto between the 4th and 7th of March.
Do you have a shop with a webpage so I that can take a look at prices and the things you sell? I think you told me before but I forgott, sorry.

Saludos
Stgo
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
pushngo
Randy Williams

Call Justin at Lucky8llc.com He is in Buffalo and could probably have the parts waiting at your Hotel when you get there
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Also brittanica restorations.

www.britrest.ca

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:08 PM
maleger
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca

Registry
Last time I spoke to hime, Mike Wesson is winding down his operations to specialize his activities. Unless he has the parts left over, he may not be able to help.
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:26 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
D-90 Source Vendor

So you need the following:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/RTC5869.cfm
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/RTC5870.cfm
And some of these:
http://www.roverparts.com/Nxt/search...egory=Bushings
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
It is cheaper, easier and faster to buy out of the UK. I'm not sure why you just do not get them shipped to Argentina. It is no more easier in Canada than anywhere else. I buy a lot of stuff and most Rover parts come out of the UK. There is nobody in Canada that is even remotely competitive.

Be very careful on timing if you try to buy out of the US. Typical border delays for packages are one to two weeks when coming from the USA. This is not a problem when importing from other countries. Since 911, it has been horrible shipping things from the States.
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
It is cheaper, easier and faster to buy out of the UK. I'm not sure why you just do not get them shipped to Argentina. It is no more easier in Canada than anywhere else. I buy a lot of stuff and most Rover parts come out of the UK. There is nobody in Canada that is even remotely competitive.

Be very careful on timing if you try to buy out of the US. Typical border delays for packages are one to two weeks when coming from the USA. This is not a problem when importing from other countries. Since 911, it has been horrible shipping things from the States.
Do you have any idea what the duty is on new auto parts in Argentina?
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Just flying to toronto and back for the PDAC convention. I am in the mineral exploration business.
Funny I am in the mineral mining business! Mining Engineering that is. Cool to see someone else in the industry. PM me if you wanna BS!
Pete
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson
'73 Series III SWB '84 110 tdi

I live in Toronto - I've dealt with rovers down south, rovers north, Atlantic British. I've never had long border delays. Rovers north will get to me in 1 to 2 days ups ground.

Henry
Old January 30th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson
'73 Series III SWB '84 110 tdi

I was interrupted - had to cut it short. From Rovers Down South I can normally count on 4 days delivery if I am in a rush. George at Rovers Down South provides great service and prices.

It may be worth contacting your Hotel to see if they will hold a package based on your reservation - ship it to arrive a few days prior to your arrival. I've done this with Rover parts in the past - limped in hoping it would be their.

Let me know if I can be of any help... I hope to make it down to Chile one day - see some of the countryside Pablo Neruda describes. I've driven my Series III as far as Guatemala twice - both times I ran out of time and money.

Henry

PS - apologies, just noticed your name is Santiago - you're not from Santiago....
Old January 30th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Santiago
Santiago Gigola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post

You just CANNOT get any auto parts into Argentina these days. It is as simple as that.

------ Follow up post added January 30th, 2012 02:02 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoduecer View Post
Funny I am in the mineral mining business! Mining Engineering that is. Cool to see someone else in the industry. PM me if you wanna BS!
Pete
Exploration geologist on this side!

------ Follow up post added January 30th, 2012 02:09 AM ------

------ Follow up post added January 30th, 2012 02:10 AM ------

All,
Thanks a lot for the data! I guess I now have enough to decide where I buy it.
It looks like my alternatives are:
a) buy in the US and have it shipped to my hotel before I arrive (if they will receive it and hold it for me)
or
b) buy it in the UK, have it shipped to Chile (no problem there) and bring it back home with me (in my pockets???) when I go back home. By the way Henry, I work in Chile a lot. Nice country, especially the south.

Thanks again to everybody.
Saludos from hot and "winy" Mendoza
Santiago

------ Follow up post added January 30th, 2012 02:11 AM ------

Yes, I will let you know.
Thanks
Saludos che,
Stgo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part, parts