LR Certificate of Authenticity - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 6th, 2014, 06:58 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
LR Certificate of Authenticity

does anyone know where to get a certificate of authenticity from Land Rover?? need it to register the defender

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 06:58 PM
spammer
Samdford Wallace
95 RRC LWB / 86 Tithnous

I'll probably need to know how to do this too. Following this thread.
Old January 6th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Doug may know? Did you PM him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:44 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
Registering

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer View Post
I'll probably need to know how to do this too. Following this thread.
hey spammer.... Is DMV giving you trouble?
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.rover View Post
does anyone know where to get a certificate of authenticity from Land Rover?? need it to register the defender thanks in advance
http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co..../#.UstZ8_W9Kc0

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:08 AM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Most important for registration and import as well. Takes about 3 to 4 weeks to be processed. Carries all the details of the vehicle, build date, despatch date, to which dealer and what options were fitted. We normally get one for each vehicle we ship to the US to present to customs prior to clearance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EMAIlL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:34 AM
phreeb
Philip Leung
1988 Defender 90 SW - RHD Diesel

Registry
I just mailed my form out today to Jaguar Land Rover in UK. Costs 30 British pounds.
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:55 AM
spammer
Samdford Wallace
95 RRC LWB / 86 Tithnous

Quote:
Haven't been yet. I'm planning on going this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreeb View Post
I just mailed my form out today to Jaguar Land Rover in UK. Costs 30 British pounds.
Thanks for emailing that form to me! Filling it out tonight.
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer View Post
Haven't been yet. I'm planning on going this week.

Thanks for emailing that form to me! Filling it out tonight.
Wait, I don't have your forms back from Customs yet, so in turn you have none of the requisite documentation.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old January 8th, 2014, 07:41 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
California Emission Law

just found out i might not be able to register my d110 do to new emission law Section 43600, in a nutshell, all used cars must have emissions equipment

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/app...af/hs43600.htm if the certificate of authenticity don't work i may have to sell my d110...

good luck spammer!!
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:04 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
read the recent threads by (I think) jayz and navydevildoc on the CA DMV topic. Lots of good info in both.
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:22 PM
phreeb
Philip Leung
1988 Defender 90 SW - RHD Diesel

Registry
Hi LA Rover.

I'll email you a form I got from Jaguar Land Rover LTD.

Philip
Old January 9th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Even the older Defenders had emissions equipment. I wouldn't see that as being a problem. It is if it still has it installed.
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Oannes
Aaron
1997 NAS D90 (Original Dream Car)

I am having the same exact issue here is what the DMV just requested on a new import.

1. The Last registration certificate. Or if applying for a California Title, the last title issued. Documents must be original if you are requesting California title

2. Please contact the manufacturer of the vehicle and ask if the vehicle complies with all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and U.S. Emission Standards. You must obtain a letter confirming this information and this letter must identify your vehicle by the vehicle identification number.

I registered another truck at the same time only the other one already had a Florida registration and it went through no problem have the title and plates already?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Quote:
Andy Is this what you received as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Wait, I don't have your forms back from Customs yet, so in turn you have none of the requisite documentation.
Doug let me know if you have seen this before and what you suggest? I didnt see this in our package so maybe something new?

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. Sir Winston Churchill

1973 Series II 109 5 door (Australia)
1997 NAS Defender 90 (Already sold so)
2013 Chevrolet 2500HD (work horse)
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:59 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
dmv problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oannes View Post
I am having the same exact issue here is what the DMV just requested on a new import.

1. The Last registration certificate. Or if applying for a California Title, the last title issued. Documents must be original if you are requesting California title

2. Please contact the manufacturer of the vehicle and ask if the vehicle complies with all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and U.S. Emission Standards. You must obtain a letter confirming this information and this letter must identify your vehicle by the vehicle identification number.

I registered another truck at the same time only the other one already had a Florida registration and it went through no problem have the title and plates already?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Andy Is this what you received as well?

Doug let me know if you have seen this before and what you suggest? I didnt see this in our package so maybe something new?
you and a couple of other forum members have received that same letter... i think that a COA or a Heritage Certificate will not do the job cause they make no mention of the rover being road worthy for the US or emissions friendly.....

however... i did call Land Rover in New Jersey... 1-800 provided in the dmv letter.... i gave them my vin and they said they would research it and get back to me in a couple of days...

what kind of rover are you trying to register??? is it a RHD?
Old January 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Aaron please read what is being asked for:

Last registration- you have the original V5 which is the registration the truck imported on. In Europe vehicle registration transfers with the car. Fill in your details on the Original V5. I worked from a scan and never had your original as you know.

Vehicle compliance:
Of course it does not comply. You have the ORIGINAL EPA 7501 and DOT HS7 waivers listing the VIN and that the vehicle has been granted entry based on its age exemption. There is clearly no further documentation that you can get from the manufacturer that it does, because it does not.

My suggestion would to to go to a different DMV location and find a clerk with an IQ over 75 as there is no further documentation available from the Feds or the manufacturer beyond what is in the folio I provided you. Navydevildoc had to hunt around to a few before success. He has a thread here about that process.

A heritage certificate or build date letter are irrelevant to what is being asked for and would be a waste of time and money.

Was the other truck you registered @ the same time an imported vehicle ? If so it would appear the mechanism with Ca is to simply title something in another state first. My understanding on this based on other clients experience was that it had to be titled in another state for a year first if trying to get around the import angle with Ca.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old January 13th, 2014, 02:37 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
Quote:

Last registration- you have the original V5 which is the registration the truck imported on. In Europe vehicle registration transfers with the car. Fill in your details on the Original V5. I worked from a scan and never had your original as you know.

Vehicle compliance:
Of course it does not comply. You have the ORIGINAL EPA 7501 and DOT HS7 waivers listing the VIN and that the vehicle has been granted entry based on its age exemption. There is clearly no further documentation that you can get from the manufacturer that it does, because it does not.

My suggestion would to to go to a different DMV location and find a clerk with an IQ over 75 as there is no further documentation available from the Feds or the manufacturer beyond what is in the folio I provided you.

A heritage certificate or build date letter are irrelevant to what is being asked for and would be a waste of time and money.
i went to three different dmv offices and got three different responses.... i contacted Ca. DMV technical compliance office and they said in a round about way that the 25yr exemption rule isn't going to cut it! they want a letter from land rover stating that it meets US safety and emission guidlines... if it doesnt then you need to spend $10k making it compliant at a CARB approved repair station.... already called and got an estimate...

last year i registered a d90 exmod easily however in 2014 the law has change... this a link to the dmv's new law which requires all used cars to have emission equipment....

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/app...af/hs43600.htm

the saga continues!
Old January 13th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Oannes
Aaron
1997 NAS D90 (Original Dream Car)

Quote:
you and a couple of other forum members have received that same letter... i think that a COA or a Heritage Certificate will not do the job cause they make no mention of the rover being road worthy for the US or emissions friendly.....
Andy it is an 88 110 CSW RHD

Quote:

Doug, I do not have the original V5 it never came with the truck just a copy. I have asked the seller to get me a new one and he is working on it. The DMV has all the original documentation and sent it all to the compliance section so I have to see it through with these guys as there is no option to go to another office?

I have called and talked to them to explain this but it seems the are part of the League of Morons that I have been fighting my whole life...

Working on options and would be happy to try whatever you suggest or anyone else with CA experience. I have read the Navydevildoc post and tried to follow and thought I had...

------ Follow up post added January 13th, 2014 11:49 AM ------

Quote:

Was the other truck you registered @ the same time an imported vehicle ? If so it would appear the mechanism with Ca is to simply title something in another state first. My understanding on this based on other clients experience was that it had to be titled in another state for a year first if trying to get around the import angle with Ca.
Sorry forgot this part, Yes the truck was an import 84 110 Double Cab originally registered in Florida and although I had to do a full CHP inspection Vin, lights, engine, etc... it went smooth and have title in hand.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. Sir Winston Churchill

1973 Series II 109 5 door (Australia)
1997 NAS Defender 90 (Already sold so)
2013 Chevrolet 2500HD (work horse)
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oannes View Post
Andy it is an 88 110 CSW RHD

Doug, I do not have the original V5 it never came with the truck just a copy. I have asked the seller to get me a new one and he is working on it. The DMV has all the original documentation and sent it all to the compliance section so I have to see it through with these guys as there is no option to go to another office?

I have called and talked to them to explain this but it seems the are part of the League of Morons that I have been fighting my whole life...

Working on options and would be happy to try whatever you suggest or anyone else with CA experience. I have read the Navydevildoc post and tried to follow and thought I had...

------ Follow up post added January 13th, 2014 11:49 AM ------

Sorry forgot this part, Yes the truck was an import 84 110 Double Cab originally registered in Florida and although I had to do a full CHP inspection Vin, lights, engine, etc... it went smooth and have title in hand.
Well if a truck previously registered in another state circumvents the new California DMV bs, lets get that done.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old January 14th, 2014, 08:46 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
Interesting!

Quote:
Well if a truck previously registered in another state circumvents the new California DMV bs, lets get that done.
Hmmmmm? I wish that was the case. I did present them with a Texas title, mind you an official document, and they still didn't want to register the rover!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions