LR Certificate of Authenticity - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:07 AM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
Damm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samer0214 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Uncle Douglas. I figured as much (on the Catalytics, fuel tank, ECU, etc), but I guess my question is, would California CARB allow that and accept it?
aside from addin all the various ancillaries to the motor.... The motors has the be give a green light first by a CARB CERTIFIED repair station. Btw... There are only two places that do that. One is in Santa Ana the other is in Santa Rosa. It's not just about passing smog or showing dmv wat you did.....

Here's a link to the repair station..... Give them a call to see wat you need to do and how much it will $$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.dieselnet.com/cee/

Good luck

did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2014, 01:07 PM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.rover View Post
the best thing to do is register it in Arizona.....

Just saw this. FYI, there is a really big push in California to target vehicles registered out of state to residents of California. The ticket you get isn't the expensive part, the DMV suspends your registration (yes, they can have it suspended in other states) and attaches fees and fines. Had a neighbor that went to court on this. His Dodge truck has been registered in Az. for over 10 years, but he lives/works in Ca (has a PO box in Az). Said he showed his Az. license to the judge, but the police showed he lives and works in Ca., and has since before he bought the truck. Not only was he hit with registration fees/fines from the DMV, when he bought the truck he bought it in Ca. as an out of state resident. So, he's being hit with the original sales tax plus fines and penalties. I don't recall the exact amount he owes, but is was over $5,000.

Here's how your neighbors, or anyone, can report you http://www.chp.ca.gov/prog/cheaters.cgi
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

That's going to be a problem if say you are a military officially resident in TX but stationed in Ca.
The answer is that unless someone has tried what you want to do AND had it recently approved, then you are potentially out of luck.
If you want to go that route, remove all the engine drivetrain etc from a RRC or D1 up to 1995 ( pre obd2) inc catalytic converters, ECU, O2 and drop it in.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:52 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
California spells it out

Ca. Spells it out on the importAtion of defenders and series trucks to. The golden state! The answer is no..... No out of state or grey market rovers are allowed!

Wrong link..... Will post correct one...... Oops. Sorry Dennis!
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.rover View Post
Ca. Spells it out on the importAtion of defenders and series trucks to. The golden state! The answer is no..... No out of state or grey market rovers are allowed!

Chech this link out!

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochure...cts/ffvr29.htm
A quick read through your link seems to indicate that the rules are for NEW, I repeat NEW vehicles. As stated NEW has less than 7500 miles.

The "grey market" vehicles, have to be older than 2 years, & as for diesels, well "No Way"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions