LR Certificate of Authenticity - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 14th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Sounds like you guys live in North Korea. Seriously, move to a free state (while you still can) and live happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Sounds like you guys live in North Korea. Seriously, move to a free state (while you still can) and live happy.
Maybe Kalifornia does need to break up into little piece.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 14th, 2014, 11:11 PM
javelinadave
-
-

More government is always the answer in California.
Sorry for you guys getting caught up in that crap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2014, 01:47 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
It's Offical!

its official.... i am SOL!!!!! just got through speaking to Land Rover North America... the customer service rep stated to me that LRNA or its counterpart cannot provide me with a letter of compliance! personally..... it sucks cause i cant register my rover!!!!

btw.... anyone wanna buy a d110?
Old January 15th, 2014, 02:26 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Have any family or good freinds in Nevada? Sucks to see that Commiefornia is being so douchey..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
something about this doesn't sound right.

"certificate of authenticity"?
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.rover View Post
its official.... i am SOL!!!!! just got through speaking to Land Rover North America... the customer service rep stated to me that LRNA or its counterpart cannot provide me with a letter of compliance! personally..... it sucks cause i cant register my rover!!!!

btw.... anyone wanna buy a d110?
Not sure what you were expecting but a vehicle manufacturer cant certify that a vehicle does conform to EPA and DOT regs as of the date of manufacture when it doesn't.

How long was the truck titled in Texas ? Apparently Ca requires that it be a year before waiving into Ca.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 15th, 2014, 03:32 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Are you kidding? The Republik prides itself on being douchey.

-Jeff
That or progressive. Depends on the issue.
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:54 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Not sure what you were expecting but a vehicle manufacturer cant certify that a vehicle does conform to EPA and DOT regs as of the date of manufacture when it doesn't.

How long was the truck titled in Texas ? Apparently Ca requires that it be a year before waiving into Ca.
less than a year.... where did you find this info?????

it also appears that this problem/issue/situation is specific to RHD ....
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Quote:

Where did you hear that if you don't mind me asking?
Old January 15th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
client who researched it with Ca DMV. Ask Aaron how long the one he had no issue with was previously titled in Fl.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old January 15th, 2014, 05:41 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever rented a cheap apartment for a few months in a state in order to register a car there?

My truck is registered in Texas even though I live in WA. I simply changed my address with TXDOT to Washington State. I'm allowed to do this because I'm military but I don't think Texas would have balked if I wasn't military and I don't remember them ever asking. Yes, technically you could get in trouble if you were pulled over in another state and the police could somehow determine that you lived in your their state and were not military but I can't imagine this happening. In five years of driving vehicles with out-of-state plates and several traffic stops, I've never once been questioned on the legitimacy of my out-of-state registration.

/
/
/
/
Old January 15th, 2014, 05:59 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Andy,
Move to Arizona. Easy vehicle registration, great gun laws, way less taxes and way more sanity. There is a severe shortage of Defenders and Defender owners here. At this point we hold our happy hours in a bar booth or a high top table.
Old January 15th, 2014, 06:06 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
What form is failing exactly? vin verification, reg 31, reg 343, smog cert?

It really isn't clear from your post what exactly is going on.
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:25 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
Hmmm?

Quote:
Uncle doug.... i don't think this is true... i checked my records and last year i registered a exmod d90... that was shipped to texas, titled and registered on 3/13 there.. i purchased it and had CA. title and plates on 6/13.. 3 months only... when i registered it ... i was easy as pie!

this yr on 1/14 i go to register it..and it wasn't easy as pie!
Old January 16th, 2014, 02:37 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Are you kidding? The Republik prides itself on being douchey.

-Jeff
Well, douchier than normal. Above and beyond in this case..

Old March 21st, 2014, 10:57 AM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

Easy enough to get duplicate copy of the red V5c. from DLVA.. well these come in my company name.in the UK. btw. the green V5c are totally INVALID as of june 2010.. The problem now with the V5cs..it says. THIS IS NOT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP on front.. and some states like NC are NOT accepting this as proof of title.. You have to do title bond ( MVR 92H0 and takes 3-4monts to get NC title.. if local DMV there is asking for LR certificate of Authenticity. go to DIRECT to SPECIAL titles office in California.. at main DMV office in Sacramento .. .. later bc
Old March 21st, 2014, 11:18 AM
l.a.rover
handy andy

Registry
Coa

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Easy enough to get duplicate copy of the red V5c. from DLVA.. well these come in my company name.in the UK. btw. the green V5c are totally INVALID as of june 2010.. The problem now with the V5cs..it says. THIS IS NOT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP on front.. and some states like NC are NOT accepting this as proof of title.. You have to do title bond ( MVR 92H0 and takes 3-4monts to get NC title.. if local DMV there is asking for LR certificate of Authenticity. go to DIRECT to SPECIAL titles office in California.. at main DMV office in Sacramento .. .. later bc
Mr. Werewolf...... a COA is not cutting it! they (dmw) want a letter from LRNA that states that the diesel motor meets Ca. emissions.... and the coa doesnt do that....
Old March 21st, 2014, 12:10 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

LA rover. what I suggest.. go to the Main office of DMV in Sacramento. and you should NOT need this letter LR certificate of authenticity.. it is EIGHT hour drive for me to go to Special titles at DMV in Raleigh NC.. but I can NOW do INSTANT title in about an hour on ANY foreign title.even with title bond attached. was told at local DMV that they would NOT do same day titles.. PERIOD at NC DMV.. I think the fat lady behind the counter here at DMV gets off.. on pissing me off.. I do NOT have in problems now with DMV since we got law changed an Antiques, Customs and Kits.. here in NC earlier this year.. later bc
Old March 21st, 2014, 12:20 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

yea.. I forgot about the direct import rule there.. I know about Miniguy dba. lewis motors..vs ARB..and really made ARB mad.and they sued him and won..and this started the LR problems on direct imports.. fyi.. if you need legal US title just call joe holmes at www.its-titles.com Joe can provide Vermont or Montana TAG AND TITLE for small fee.. and this will cure your Calli DMV problems ( I hope).. I have QUIT selling cars to California PERIOD.. later bc

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions