Lower Radiator Coolant Hose Cold... Normal? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 18th, 2015, 06:30 PM
1985 110 200 Tdi
Lower Radiator Coolant Hose Cold... Normal?

Finished replacing new radiator, coolant, belts and flushed the intercooler last week (200Tdi). I have been driving around the last few days without issue (other than a small oil leak on the oil coiler line). Temp gauge is just over the 1/4 line, cabin heat works, but today I was poking around the engine bay and noticed all the hoses are hot except the lower hose up to the t-stat. Truck seems to run well (almost better than before)- is this normal or do I need to bleed system somehow. Thanks.

Old October 18th, 2015, 06:44 PM
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
When thermostat opens, hot coolant from engine flows into radiator thru top hose and comes back to water pump on bottom much cooler. Before tstat opens, nothing flows thru tadiator.
Mark Kellgren

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

coolant, radiator