Looking to repaint my roof - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Looking to repaint my roof

I did search and came across a couple of threads but nothing that answers my question.

So, I took my Hannibal tent and rack off last night as I wonít be using them for the rest of the year and I noticed some rust on the roof. Mind you the truck spent most of its life in Arizona and the last 3 years in Colorado but who cares. Anyway, I have decided to paint the white part of the roof but canít decide if I want to repaint it white or C.Green, Iím really leaning to the C.Green.. Anybody has done it? Do you have pictures?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2008, 07:11 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

White is there for a reason though, unless you've got a Safari Roof it really cuts down on the internal temperature, of course it does the same in the winter so YMMV depending on where you spend most of your time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:34 PM
JJB622
Jimmy Baker
1997 BRG D90

From the perspective of form rather than function, I think the white roof is great contrast to the coniston green. I think it's a classic combo. Sorry I couldn't dig up any pics of the body color roof but I have seen it and am not a big fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
SOUTHPAW26
Kelly
1994 D90-1993 NAS 110#280

I would also stick to white. I think it looks good that way and I agree that it came white for a reason.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Though I've always thought a pearl black body with stornoway grey or zambezi silver roof would also look amazing. I'm trying to decide on colours right now actually, should have a paint booth setup at home within about a week of moving on Oct 1st.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old September 22nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
They look good with body-color roofs. It makes the truck look a little more modern, since LR has started using body-colored roofs, esepecially with metallic colors.

Old September 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Dredd
Harlan Boone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
I did search and came across a couple of threads but nothing that answers my question.

So, I took my Hannibal tent and rack off last night as I wonít be using them for the rest of the year and I noticed some rust on the roof. Mind you the truck spent most of its life in Arizona and the last 3 years in Colorado but who cares. Anyway, I have decided to paint the white part of the roof but canít decide if I want to repaint it white or C.Green, Iím really leaning to the C.Green.. Anybody has done it? Do you have pictures?

Thanks
You going to paint the wheel arches also?
HB
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
They look good with body-color roofs. It makes the truck look a little more modern, since LR has started using body-colored roofs, esepecially with metallic colors.
That is exactly what I'm thinking.. I can't believe no one has pictures, I know there was one on ebay but that was along time ago and I can't seem to find it..

Dredd, no I'm not going to paint the arches.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
paint, roof