Looking for drive members - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 5th, 2005, 01:22 AM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

Looking for drive members

Hi,

I'm looking for drive members that maybe an odd size. I need some that will fit a 1985 to 1987 110/90 front or rear hub but that will alow the half shafts to move 3/8 of an inch closer to diff. I'm putting an odd grouping of parts together and everything works exept that the half shafts are 3/8 shorter than what would be ideal. Anyone know if there is a maxidrive or other drive member out there that will do this? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2005, 02:12 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

When I converted my 91 Range Rover to 24 spline rear axles I had to use the Discovery stub axles and hubs to move the axle shafts inboard - that might work for you as well since the Disco stub axles are shorter.
Old September 6th, 2005, 03:13 AM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

I'm doing something a bit strange... I'm fitting military 110 front spindles and hubs to a disco rear axle casing in my project 90 so that I have some really good wheel bearings and common parts on all four corners. I need new drive members so that I can use my stock military 90 rear half shafts. Failing that I can use a 110 long side shaft and have a custom short side made up or I may modify some stock drive members or have some custom made. My goal is to have have disc brakes but without the suspect disco/NAS 90 hubs and wheel bearings. There are other ways to do this but I have all the parts on hand to do it less the drive members so it is worth a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

What I have done is use the stock hub and bearings, removed the stub axle seal and run the wheel bearings in gear oil. If you change to an RTC3511 double lip hub seal you can do this. I am also running Maxi-Drive shafts and flanges. I have had no problems or leaks in over 40k miles.
Rob

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions