Looking for a Good Ground - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 25th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Arnzo
Andrew Arnott
1997 Defender 90

Looking for a Good Ground

Hi

I have a 1997 D90 and I am adding heated seats for the winter. I have the seat elements in and I have run the wires into the tuffy box and then forward through the center console up to the fuse box. There is a screw to the right of the fuse box that looks like its meant to be a ground. Do any of you fine folks know for sure if it is a ground? Also any suggestions for where I should pull power? There are two 20 amp "AUX" fuses that I'm thinking I should tap.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Can always add in an aux fuse box, and take the power plus do the ground right at the battery.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
Can always add in an aux fuse box, and take the power plus do the ground right at the battery.

-Hans
That is what I would do...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Arnzo
Andrew Arnott
1997 Defender 90

Thanks guys. I am looking to set my seat heaters on switched power. I fear that I will accidently leave one of the seat heaters on and drain the battery if I go direct to the battery. The screw I am referring to is directly to the right of the fuse area and is in the metal casing the surrounds the fuse box. I'm hoping this is a ground and the AUX fuses will work as good taps. I guess I'll have to try it out.

Drew

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions