Logistical Support Needed - New Mexico - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Logistical Support Needed - New Mexico

I am currently in Roswell but headed south today, and am looking for someone in the area (El Paso, New Mexico, Arizona) who could help me get together some repair parts or who has some handy.

I'm fairly sure my injectors are shot (200TDI but I believe the 300 are the same) and I found a UK company who can ship rebuilt injectors for about $200+shipping, I just need somewhere to ship them to.

I also need a thermostat housing gasket, one Salisbury drive flange gasket, and probably an air filter after this week.

At the same time if anyone has any advice on fixing the sliding dipstick-tube I'm all ears, the space available is pathetic unless some special open-jaw socket was available... which currently it is not...

My phone seems to work about 50% of the time on the road here but I can be reached at 613-261-0699, my data roaming is not working with the current carrier but I suspect once I hit AT&T again I'll also be able to check email, ajh at offroad101 dot ca.

Thanks!

------ Follow up post added January 17th, 2011 10:49 AM ------

Oh, I also need to replace my crank pulley as the current one seems to have a large chip out of it that cannot be very good for balance. I'm losing belts as well but this I suspect is due more to the fact coolant was getting on them and the slipping melted things. I have a gasket I made from available materials in place but it does weep slightly and getting that fixed up would be nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

200 injectors NOT same as 300 tdi !!!
Call George at RDS - he probably has most of what you need.
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
jetmech
Dave McHenry
1984 Landrover 90 CSW

I know of noone in lower new mexico but if you head to albuquerqure about 4 hours noth then we have roadside rob at south west rovers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Rocketman
Scott Y
95 D90 SW, 2003 Disco II, 93 D110

Another option is Joe at Rover Techs in Scottsdale, AZ, if you can make it that far.
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:58 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

I don't have any of the parts you need, but am headed to Carrizozo, NM on Wednesday and on to Cloudcroft, NM for the weekend. I have plenty of room to bring parts down (driving the 110). Give Eric a call at Pike Peak Rovers (719.636.3888 ) He may have some of the stuff you need, and I'd be glad to pick it up and bring it with me.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:27 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

We've managed to work out something I think, Roadside Rob seems like a really great guy and I think we're going to be able to take care of all my issues this week as long as the vendors can get things with FedEx asap.

All the other names are also useful and I'll keep those in case I have a critical failure further along. Hopefully I won't since we should be addressing all the major failure points that I haven't fixed already

Thanks all!

Old January 25th, 2011, 07:43 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I wanted to post a follow up and let everyone know that I got help at Southwest Rovers and my experience there dealing with Rob was a very satisfying 9/10, it would have been a 10/10 but he did not want to accept a 6-pack of good microbrew in payment, electing to go with Visa instead.

I do need to do a couple more fixes including swapping in a.warranty replacement heater box and I was wondering if anyone here was in the Las Vegas, Nevada (give or take 300 miles or so) that could receive the parts shipment for me.

Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions