Lock Box Options - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Mike Ragsdale
1986 Defender 90
Lock Box Options

I have a center console in my D90, but unfortunately, it does not have a lock. I need to be able to store things sometimes (camera, wallet, etc.), and the compartment under my passenger seat is not large enough). So I'm considering 3 options:

1. Replace the current console with a lockable console. (an expensive and wasteful option, as there's nothing wrong with the current one)

2. Add a lock to the current console. (it probably won't work all that well, and probably won't look great either)

3. Get some kind of metal ammo box or lock box, and bolt it down in the rear compartment on the bench, right behind the passenger's seat.

Does anyone have any thoughts, or know of another good option that I haven't yet considered? Thanks!!

Old April 14th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Dave Lucas
I would sell your current cubby and buy a tuffy center console. It will give you a nice secure area to store study and they hold a lot can even add a radio if you want.

If you need more after that they also make one that sits in the bed or someone on here make some nice wheel well boxes

Old April 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
I saw someone with a knock off tuffy for like 1/3 the money but I don't remember where. A tuffy to me says "break in and steal my stuff" whereas the under seat storage no one knows about and is lockable.
*not legal advice*
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:18 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110
Tuffy box. All the way. The padded armrest alone is worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions