Little Blue Poo Bags - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor
Little Blue Poo Bags

I think my D90 has been feeling a bit neglected lately and let me know it's displeasure on wednesday. I went to leave for work and the right rear tire was completely flat. A quick reinflate with the onboard compressor and 4 minutes later an oil cooler line let go on the onramp to the highway. No fire, thankfully, just lots of smoke. I pulled out the tools, removed the oil cooler adapter, and reinstalled the filter. Those little blue bags I use to clean up dog poo and a couple of zip ties and I had the filter adapter contained under the hood. Interestingly, I now have about 10 psi more oil pressure than I did before. I think the cooler that is in the radiator tank must be fairly restrictive. It's amazing how much area a quart of oil can cover. I got my truck another set of tires and we're going out this weekend for some fun in the dirt. I got damn lucky and came really close to losing my D90. My lines did not look bad and were not leaking. I really encourage everyone to treat these things as a maintenance item and have new hose sections fitted every couple of years.

Rob Dassler
SWR Automotive
505-872-7818 (shop)
Old December 4th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
Rob what did the oil presure go to after?

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old December 4th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Hans Haase
The Lab Rat
Wow, another set gone bad. Think it's time for the group to put together a packet for Rover to descibe the problems we're all having with these things?

What is that, 5 or 6 of us in the past 6 months?

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions