Liquid Moly - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:55 AM
D90 óriginalé
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
I use this in summer: and this in winter:

Available almost everywhere. Cost is around 5 cents per gallon of diesel.
I have used this for years, effective, inexpensive and I notice slightly better power (especially with the variation in diesel fuel from location to location). Almost always pour some in when filling the tank, when I was driving my 2.5NA this helped with some of the white smoke at startup and seems to improve cranking as well (especially in winter).

Old January 22nd, 2015, 01:31 PM
Jackie Treehorn
1985 (legitimately)
Okay, so I just added 1/2 of the 300ml container when I filled up today.
I know there will be people who disagree, but this really quieted things down considerably. So much so that I wish I had a before and after decibel reading.
Now, there was not performance gain and I haven't started it cold yet, but just the noise and vibration difference was noticeable.

Granted my timing and injector pump settings are not stock for a 300tdi so maybe the impact on my rig was more than some others have experienced, but this makes a difference. The PS Cetane boost only helped a bit with cold starts.

Does anyone here have a good decibel reading instrument that they could do a before and after measurement so we can be scientific about this?
I'll be buying more for certain:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions