Defender Source Forum banner

Lights out!!

Tags
ht lights
1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bjenk 
#1 · (Edited)
i was pulling a trailer and my guage and parking lights went out. I assumed that I blew a fuse, because the trailer has parking lights on the side. I checked the fuse, but it is still good. anyone happen to have a similar problem with a solution?

just check and I do not have brake lights either, I do have signal lights.

any help is always appreciated.

brian

#2 ·
did you check both fuses? my truck is fused left/right wrt parking lights. the trailer wiring deal was installed (its a cockup) and buggered something coz its no longer right/left its left+rear/rightfront. Needless to say I blew that one 5a fuse whenever I plugged the trailer in. Upped it to a 10a fuse. ymmv.

#7 ·
I had a similar issue, head lights only worked in high beam settings, then my truck would not start had it towed to shop, shop could not find problem, I thought it was fule pump causing it not to start ?

Shop said it can't be fule pump, so I held them off from replacing fule pump so I could replace the 2 relays under passenger seat & by replacing both relays this solved both problems (head light issue & starting issue)...

If you replace them make sure you get the correct relays, I purchase alternate relays that I was told they will work, nope no work, so make sure you get the "Bosch" if you do this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.