Lights driving me f-ing crazy! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 17th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
All of the lights you mention are on different looms. Each fender has a wiring loom connected at the bulkhead as well as the chassis loom for the rear lights. Depending upon the chassis loom year and how it was set up both rear, LH an RH, come out of the same loom. I would think you have a switch or Hazard switch problem for so much in different areas to be going wrong or your wiring harnesses are rotting and you are getting multiple failures.
I would start at the bulkhead and see if you are getting the correct readings at the plugs. It is a bit fiddley as they are going to be hard to get to. If you are not getting the correct reading there then it is going to be in the main loom wiring or the switches.

Old August 17th, 2013, 09:11 AM
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
This sounds like the bullet connectors in the rear tub area for running and directional on the rear loom are reversed to me. I would pull up the wiring diagram, and double check those connections to make sure the color code combinations for each bullet connection are correct on both sides of the connection.

Alternatively, issues like these are so easy to isolate with a circuit tester. Start by testing the connection to each light in the rear is getting what should be expected, and when you find something that is unexpected, work your way up the wire.

Mark Kellgren

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
83 110
After 3 weeks and being too embarrassed to ask anymore ?s I finally figured it out. Someone had done some crazy shit on the back harness, but somehow it worked with my old setup.

The left hand directional was tied into the brake lights,
The right hand directional was tied to the left hand tail lights?
Very odd
Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
I just solved my blinker/stoplights issue. The wire that powers that circuit in the back of the fuse block came loose. What a PITA to diagnose.
:O [==] O:
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:31 PM
1988 RHD 110
similar issues

I had different light issues just start our of nowhere a few weeks ago. Electrical issues are difficult to trouble shoot - at least the typical process of elimination might not work perfectly.

What I really wanted to share was that in the end my problem was the fuse seats on the fuse panel. I didn't have the vehicle very long and when I cleaned off the oxidation from all of the fuse seats - ALL of my problems simply stopped.

'88 ROW 110 5-door SOLD
'01 Disco II

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ht, lights, vin