Lift question beaten to death again...... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 6th, 2005, 12:57 PM
gonewheeln
Mark Handlovitch

Lift question beaten to death again......

Anyway I plan on putting the 2" RoverTym springs on my 94 Soft Top and the shocks that they sent with the springs are a factory replacement. I only plan on having this lift for the summer until I can afford to go all out but will these shocks work or should I get longer ones?

Thanks
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2005, 01:38 PM
NashvilleRedD90
Will Peters
'97 NAS D90 ST #1704 -4.6

You might want to get some OME shocks. They are two inches longer than stock so they should work with those springs well. Or you might want to look at some Pro Comp shocks from Rovers North, they are also two inches longer than stock so they should work well wit those springs. They are like like $150 for the set of four normally but they are on sale for $130 now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:01 PM
DaveHuny
Van Der Waal
none

Hey Mark - so you broke down and got a D90! I think the downsides to the stock ones would be travel (obviously) and crappy ride. When Sean G. had Bilsteins plus LR HD springs, he popped the rears out on full articulation, but just barely, so I think those would be good for now, or the OME's.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2005, 05:18 PM
gonewheeln
Mark Handlovitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHuny
Hey Mark - so you broke down and got a D90! I think the downsides to the stock ones would be travel (obviously) and crappy ride. When Sean G. had Bilsteins plus LR HD springs, he popped the rears out on full articulation, but just barely, so I think those would be good for now, or the OME's.

Dave
Dave,

Damn I haven't seen or heard from you guys in years..........we all thought you fell off the planet or something. How have things been?

Anyway I talked with RoverTym and thats what he said. I suppose it will work until Larry and I can get started on my custom 4-link up front and in the rear.

Mark
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:28 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I assume you are going with Y link 4 link up front?
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:38 PM
DaveHuny
Van Der Waal
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewheeln
Dave,

Damn I haven't seen or heard from you guys in years..........we all thought you fell off the planet or something. How have things been?
Ha! We nearly fell off, now we're in CT. When we started having babies we took a break from 4 wheeling (don't take a 7-months pregnant woman on Chinaman's Gulch in a Series truck and then with moving and all... I got rid of the Series and the RR to get the D90, but we still have the Disco (kid trolley).
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:57 PM
gonewheeln
Mark Handlovitch

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
I assume you are going with Y link 4 link up front?
Maybe if there is the room or I may just go with a standard 4 link like on a TJ, well 5 link if you count the panhard rod

Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions