lift kits ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 28th, 2006, 06:56 PM
jonny wrench
david young
1995 d-90

lift kits ?

i have a 95 d90.i would like to fit 35s under it with plenty of room so what kit and where do i get one.i don't want to trim my fenders or flares.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2006, 03:24 AM
UpnOver
David Williams
'97 Yellow ST

David,
There are many ways to accomplish that. I'd go with rovertym 3 inch springs and fox shox's. But, there a lower cost shocks out there. Thats my opinion. Others might chime in and get there choice. I am sure if you do a search on here you will find several different ways to do it.

David
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:16 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Come on - do a search already! Why not look up members' rigs running 35's (since that's what YOU think is most important to you), see what suspension they've decided on, search for tech info on those suspensions, narrow it down to a couple, search for opinions on those and decide - or ask a relevant question then.

If you think all you have to do is tires and suspension you better think again. If you had searched you would already know that.

Than again, if you are a poseur then, yes, all you need is a lift and 35's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by artm
Come on - do a search already! Why not look up members' rigs running 35's (since that's what YOU think is most important to you), see what suspension they've decided on, search for tech info on those suspensions, narrow it down to a couple, search for opinions on those and decide - or ask a relevant question then.

If you think all you have to do is tires and suspension you better think again. If you had searched you would already know that.

Search. And you'll find the asnswers to some of the problems ARTM mentioned above.
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by artm

Thankjs Art, I almost posted the same thing!

And I agree, not only looking at what others have done to their 90s but also wheeling your 90 will tell you allot of what you need to know! I see far too many well set up rigs with a drive behind the wheel that has no idea how capable there rig is. A stock defender is way up on the ladder compaired to most other stock to mildly modified rigs. What I'm saying, don't go get a 90, then throw 35s lockers and all kinds of other things on it and wheel it, build it up slow and learn the capabilities of your rig then improve your rig as you find yourself outgrowing it. Otherwise you don't learn to wheel, your rig just plows over everything with the drive doing little more then pointng it where told.
Old January 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yes, the RYM 3" spring will do it. I did not trim anything. But you will def. need other mods like everyone stated..

how do you use it? Trail rig?? Mall Crawler???
Old January 31st, 2006, 03:49 PM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

Looking at the bios is hard painful and for me it was fruitless. Much if not almost all that information is waaay out of date etc. Many of those people no longer even own those trucks. All the info is formatted differently, so going through each bio looking for something was a painful experience. Admittedly it was a while ago and I was searching for other stuff to mod.

Quote:
Mike sez: What I'm saying, don't go get a 90, then throw 35s lockers and all kinds of other things on it and wheel it,
Um.... Mike havent you heard of that thing called 'instant gratification'? Sheesh, what is the fun of beating the crap out of your truck when you can spend another boatload of money and just walk over things???
Old January 31st, 2006, 03:59 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

It could have been as simple as searching for "35" in the bios forum but NOOOOOOOOOOO!

The admin idiot had to make that too easy and not workable!

Geez!

Come on now!
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:02 PM
jonny wrench
david young
1995 d-90

SORRY next time i'll search it.the bios don't give that much info.thanks
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:53 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Well, in fairness to David, you have to be a little more defining in using the search feature. Doing a search of just 35" produced no results which I knew was not correct but I went to the Owners bio section, and did a search on 35* and come up with 30 bio results, most of which were running 35" tires. Took under 6 seconds so I'm not really considering that "painfully hard" but if you define your search correctly, you are more likely to get more focused results.

As for the content of the bios for the people that submitted the info regarding their lift, its right there as they sent it in, some people don't go into details but regardless if the people own the truck or not, its what they were running at the time and still provides info on what they were running (again providing they went into that detail). The formatting of the bios layout are constant for each and every bio, the only difference in them is the information the person choices to send in. If they want to separate out what the mods are into the subgroups you see in some, they did that, otherwise, its just a list like you see in most of the bios.

While I admit I haven't been able to do BIO updates in over a year, I have about 80 pending updates to do, a good portion of those being new bios. Just because a bio hasn't been updated in a while doesn't mean its out of date, but on the other side of that, I cant update a bio if I don't they don't send in the updates.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Chris, Can't you make the owner of the bios post it directly and then edit it at will? Or add to it like a post. Makes your job easier. Essentially:

1. have a new bios owner contact you to start a bio.
2. initialize the post
3. owner adds bio
4. owner is only allowed to edit it - reply to original post

I realize this must be integrated with the bbs software feature but I would bet you can swing it.

And yes, when I realized it a search for 35" produced the results. Done!
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:55 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Basicly thats what the owner bios are, simply a modified posting template I coded to keep a consistant look and feel for them and to make them part of the sites DB backend. At the moment for a variaty of reasons, letting people maintain their own bio is not feasable yet.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
kit