Defender Source Forum banner

LHD conversion question.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  leastonce 
#1 ·
Anyone who's converted from RHD to LHD, did you find the stock bolt holes for the steering column on the left put the steering wheel a few inches off-centre with the drivers seat towards the door?

#4 ·
steering wheel off center

Interesting... I have a RHD and haven't noticed the wheel being off center from the seat. This WAS pretty dramatic in my 964 and used to bug the **** out of me, though it's not why I switched from the low and fast 4x4 to the high and not so fast 4x4 :)

Off topic, but I get SO many more looks/waves/thumbs up/boobs flashed with the Defender than I ever did with the Porsche. (OK, so no boobs flashed yet, but maybe some hot chick will mistake me for Neil someday. A boy can dream.)

-Gardner

#6 ·
Off topic, but I get SO many more looks/waves/thumbs up/boobs flashed with the Defender than I ever did with the Porsche. (OK, so no boobs flashed yet, but maybe some hot chick will mistake me for Neil someday. A boy can dream.)
I was subjected to a boob flashing incident out on Long Island last summer by a bunch of girls in a stretched limo ... It does happen and not just on the west coast!

#5 ·
I switched to keep my license.. on the superbike at least I can leave if I get in trouble, but unfortunately a police car fits anywhere my Acura did :)

On a typical summer day if I'm out picking up things I'll get at least one person at every stop coming up to talk with the 110 and about half of the days someone will flag me down to ask questions while still on the road!

I'm meeting with about 5 people about custom 90s next week, my main worry is that I under-price them! Wish I had a bit more experience on the sales side :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.