Lenses - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 18th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Michael Walter
1995 D90 ST

Frequent lurker rare poster just wanted to let everyone know that polish works very well to clean/clear up faded lenses. I was going to replace all of mine but was not thrilled at spending over $200. Tried a 2 step Poor Boys polish (medium, light) and they cleared up very nicely. Dedinitely good enough to forgo ordering them. Actually now looking new and shiny. Worth a try for those with foggy lenses. Cya...

PS - these are the round lenses - don't know if they is a decent enough surface to polish on the squares

Old May 18th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Captain Spalding
Captain Spalding
I bought a new set on eBay.uk for £30. I guess I'll polish up the old ones and keep them for spares.

Old May 19th, 2006, 07:00 AM
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles
Mothers (brand) makes a plastic polish that works wonders on the lenses as well. You can now find their stuff in most marine and auto stores.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions