Learn me on lift up door latches - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:07 AM
toad
Cutter
None

Learn me on lift up door latches

I've posted a wanted add for a LH door latch as mine has stopped working, but I'm realizing that my style latch is different than anything I can find online. My '86 110 is Austrian if that makes any difference (I've seen specific parts for the German market in the parts catalog). The latch mechanism I've removed looks like the attached image, has a remote arm for the inner handle that appears to be permanently attached.

I've found a latch with Part No. MUC1035 but it looks quite different, enough that I don't think it will work as the striker doesn't appear to be the same. This eBay listing is for one

There are a few MUC 10** latches but none I have found images of seem to match my truck's style. I may drill out the rivets on my latch but not sure I'll be able to repair whatever is amiss within.

I'm fine swapping out the latch for a different mechanism, I just don't have a part catalog for lift latch style doors so I can't figure out what to hunt down. And of course if you happen to have a latch like mine you are willing to part with I'd be happy to compensate. Nothing like having your truck on the road after 7+ months of work only to have this break 4 days in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9498.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	110032  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:08 PM
toad
Cutter
None

For what its worth, found this after plenty of time on google: http://www.landroverworkshop.com/dia...aa270226_52672

MUC2290 and MUC6890, both NLA.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:54 PM
RovingRyan
Ryan Phelps
84 LHD 110

Registry
Those appear to be exactly the same as my 84 uk spec. Which as you found out are NLA. I have acquired a set of push button doors and hardware to make the switch. I do not plan on selling my doors or hardware as I would like to try and restore the door frames and put them back on someday. Good luck in your search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2015, 04:15 PM
johan
johan
2009 Range Rover

To me it looks like the one you found on ebay (MUC1035) are from an early 110, sliding windows. The door locks are different for this model.

According to my parts manual and your VIN, you need the MUC2291.
Just checked my pile of parts; I have two RH laying here. I don't know what is wrong with yours but maybe you can use parts from a RH to fix your LH ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0562.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	110074  
Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:24 PM
toad
Cutter
None

Johan yes mcu2290-2291 are the parts, superseded by mcu6890. Thank you for the offer, let me drill mine apart and see what is wrong. I know at the minimum the main spring is broken as the latch has no resistance. If it looks interchangeable between LH and RH I'll take you up on the offer. I may have a lead on a salvage from David at Urban.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door, door latch