Leaking A/C - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 23rd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

Leaking A/C

Anyone here have any experience with a leaking air conditioner? I noticed a slight oily residue on the passenger footwell last fall. It was never very significant until over the winter, when the a/c wasn't used. By this point, the a/c was no longer cooling, and so I attributed the resulting mess to it. The dealer recently confirmed it had a leak somewhere. I held off on allowing them to piddle through at $85/hour after a few sour experiences.

When looking over the two coolant lines running through the firewall, one line has a build-up of the light colored oil. I've read through some of the other posts of work done on these units, but didn't run across this problem? Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I think the fluid is redish, I would just take it to a shop that works on AC systems, I really don't know to much about the system and I would not want to fool with the coolant in it.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

That's the stuff, which eventually leaked out onto the floor. I hope it turns out to be nothing major.
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

It may be just a bad hose, try and find whats leaking before you have someone work on it and tell them exactly what to fix or replace.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions