Leak at Fuel Level Sending Unit?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 5th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Lesandjes
AndrewT
'93 NAS D110

Leak at Fuel Level Sending Unit??

NAS D110 - new tank and new sending unit with new gasket and locking ring. This is the type of sending unit where its on the side of the tank on the driver-side. Installed all together in the summer during rebuild. Filled up today for the first time and gas is gushing out the sending unit area - not like a small leak - like a big leak.

I re-read parts manual and install order appears to be tank - sealing ring (rubber gasket) - sending unit - locking ring.

I tried tightening the locking ring and its bending the tabs and not moving. I don't remember the install so is this one of those locking rings that turns 90 or 180 degrees and then seats/locks? Or is it threaded all the way and you need to tighten as much as possible to get it all to seal? I have the old sending unit but not the old lock ring so cannot check that - asking here before I drain some more gas remove it all.

TIA...

AndrewT
'93 NAS D110 #437
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Lesandjes
AndrewT
'93 NAS D110

Never mind.
'93 NAS D110 #437
Old December 7th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The rubber gasket binds as the ring twists in and bunches up. Use vaseline on the rubber gasket to keep that from happening

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel