leak at front engine mail seal (due to vibration?) => two questions? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 31st, 2006, 08:28 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
The gasket really is easy. just label everything that you have to take apart and unplug. I did it in 7 hours taking time and thinking a lot, lookin for a lost bolt and lunch. The only bitch was the fuel injectors I didnt want to take the fuel rail off so I unpluged all the injectors and tried to fish them under the fuel rail that was a PITA. good luck.
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2006, 09:12 AM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Hum.... I did not realize that I had to take the injection system out as well.... Did you replace the O-rings of the injectors then? [Crap... I did not order those] What parts/component did you replace? So far I was told that only the gasket needed to be replaced (and two plastic "ends" that I have yet to see/find on mine)
Time to go back to the diagrams.... I am sure I missed something.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:19 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I just replace the valley pan gasket and the two rubber gaskets on the front and the back of the valley. You will find those ends once you take everything apart. and while you have the plenum off and everything out of the way you might as well replace the valve cover gaskets as well. That also reminds me I lost one of those rubber o rings from the injector, it was actually more of a square. i didnt take out the injectors just unplugged the wiring harness or whatever it is and left the actual injectors in.
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2006, 09:30 AM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Great! I do have a replacement for the rocker cover gasket. So it looks like I'll be fine! :-) Another 10 days (or so) and I'll let y'all know how it went.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
engine