Last minute advice - Belt Rail conversion? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
94 Defender 90 - White
Last minute advice - Belt Rail conversion?

I am going to give the belt rail conversion a shot in a couple of hours. It will be me and my son (8) so it will be a lot of just me. How much time should I budget for this? My handyman skill on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) is about a 2.

I read the directions and the information here on the site, but does anyone have any recent things to watch out for? I can't wait to get my Badger on!

Thanks guys.

Old March 11th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
Nothing too technical about it. just don't overtighten the screws. Also, while you are putting it on, if you have a 94 tonneau that you still want to use, but some screw snaps and install them on the belr rail. Start with the snaps snap at the front dash and at the rear door and work your way around the side where the snaps should go. That way you can still run a 94 tonneau or tickford should you decide to save your badger for a muddy trip.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions