land rover paint for disco 1 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 15th, 2014, 09:29 PM
D.C. Benny
Ben Wartofsky
none

land rover paint for disco 1

Hey everyone. Sorry this question is about a disco 1 not a defender, but answers to my dumb questions tend to be more civilized at this forum.

I'm thinking about having my disco 1, (the budget defender) painted coniston green (it's currently very very faded epsom or br green). Never had a car painted before. Is that color hard to get/expensive and what is the process of obtaining it aka where do I go to get it? Does anyone know approximately how much paint it takes to do a very basic paint job on a car this size? thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Cheapest way to respray is always to use the original color. Colour changes cost more due to the need to paint the door openings

Check your paint code under your hood or A pillar. Coniston and Epsom were both used on D1s.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:03 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Any decent paint shop will be able to mix up the paint you need just by telling them the colour and year make and model.. Then they should be able to show you a paint chip to confirm before mixing it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2014, 07:45 AM
D.C. Benny
Ben Wartofsky
none

thanks guys

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
disco, land rover, paint