Defender Source Forum banner

Land Rover Mechanic Recommendation in CO

Tags
land rover
2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Alexinman1 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a 1994 NAS Defender 90 to keep at my home in Crested Butte, CO. For those of you who don't know where CB is, it is about 30 miles of Gunnison, CO.

My question is if anyone might a have a good suggestion for a mechanic in that part of the world? I have called around to a few shops and most everyone in the Valley doesn't want to touch it because it is a Land Rover. Kind of crazy I know, but any suggestions from the group would helpful.

Thanks,
Alex

#9 ·
Thanks for the recommendations. I bought the D90 from someone off this board. Needs new gaskets and probably a radiator as it was running pretty hot when I drove it over McClure pass. Somewhere along the way an after market muffler was installed (I knew this when I bought it), so I might have them change it back to an authentic LR system.

Initially, I took it to the LR Dealer in Glenwood Springs and just had them do a full diagnostic -- nothing too shocking (except the price), so I found another group called Highline Autoworks in Glenwood. Anyone heard of this shop? Guys name is Patrick and seems pretty knowledgable.

#13 ·
Alex Uncle Douglas is in Crested Butte at this very moment, AND he has his tools with him! Hint hint. Pm him and see if he will take a long at your truck. At the very least have a beer with him.

#23 ·
Not sure if it matters, but just picked up my truck from RW (they had it ready months ago, just haven't been able to get up to Denver to pick up) and it is impeccable. Highly recommend this group. It was like I drove a different car today. Took it from Denver to CB....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.