Land Rover Flat Iron - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Land Rover Flat Iron

Greetings,

I've had a request from a friend who is interested in a possible deal with the folks at Land Rover Flat Iron. Does anyone here have any good or bad to say about this dealership? (they seemed very nice when I was there)

TIA,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

What state? There's one in CO? Know a tech there but that's all I know.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Only good things to say about their service folks. They rock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Good folks. I bought my D2 from them in 2000 and have been a customer since. I would recommend them.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

They're the best in this state, which isn't difficult. Charlie Haigh is outstanding and I don't think he'd hang around if it wasn't workable.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Vick
They're the best in this state, which isn't difficult. Charlie Haigh is outstanding and I don't think he'd hang around if it wasn't workable.
LR flatirons is a good dealership, the had the best parts department in the US but Charlie & Pam moved back east. There is no way that anyone could replace Charlie

Kirby is in sales and off-roads, seems like a good guy.

Sean Gorman is a tech there, off-roads, has a TDI Defender and is a nice guy.

As far as dealers go, if I had to get something worked on by a dealer that is where I would and have taken my rovers.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

I can't say anything bad about any of the Colorado Land Rover dealerships, but Flatirons in particular, is a great group of folks to deal with. I don't know who you're dealing with, but Kirby Garrison goes above and beyond. I've purchased two LRs from him: one when he was at Denver South and one from him at Flatirons. Always a pleasant experience!

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:15 AM
ScottYates
Scott Yates
94 D90 #639, Yellow

Angry

Well it would seem I may have the only serious problem. (I also responded to you via Yahoo's group).

Warning!! I have been fighting these a#$holes for over 6 months. I took my Defender there for a hard cold-start poor idle issue. They kept it 2 weeks, charged me $2400 and only changed the distributer cap! They didn't even fix the problem. I will never, never deal with those people again for any reason. Make up you own mind but by all means, please be cautious. I have never dealt with a less reputable firm.
-Scott Yates

I don't know if they have had a change in personnel or if I was just unlucky with the people I have dealt with. The Service Manager in particular has been at the best indifferent. I can supply the email portion of our interactions over the last several months. While he has acknowledged that they did not remedy the problem, he still feels justified in the charges. This is why I am still attempting to fix my issue alone. If I thought ECR would work on it I would tow it all the way there =(.

This is only my opinion. I wish you and your friend luck should you pursue a relationship with them.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Bring it to me in KS and I'll fix it for free. Sorry to hear Flatiron let you down. There is a change of gaurd there and the growing pains may be leaving older vehicle customers unhappy.

Jim Pendleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottYates
Well it would seem I may have the only serious problem. (I also responded to you via Yahoo's group).

Warning!! I have been fighting these a#$holes for over 6 months. I took my Defender there for a hard cold-start poor idle issue. They kept it 2 weeks, charged me $2400 and only changed the distributer cap! They didn't even fix the problem. I will never, never deal with those people again for any reason. Make up you own mind but by all means, please be cautious. I have never dealt with a less reputable firm.
-Scott Yates

I don't know if they have had a change in personnel or if I was just unlucky with the people I have dealt with. The Service Manager in particular has been at the best indifferent. I can supply the email portion of our interactions over the last several months. While he has acknowledged that they did not remedy the problem, he still feels justified in the charges. This is why I am still attempting to fix my issue alone. If I thought ECR would work on it I would tow it all the way there =(.

This is only my opinion. I wish you and your friend luck should you pursue a relationship with them.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
ScottYates
Scott Yates
94 D90 #639, Yellow

Pendy,
Do you really think you might be able to figure it out? If I can't get it by Spring Break I would bring it to you and be overjoyed to pay you for your time.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottYates
Pendy,
Do you really think you might be able to figure it out? If I can't get it by Spring Break I would bring it to you and be overjoyed to pay you for your time.
The offer is genuine. I hope you are able to figure it out for yourself to bond and all.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Much thanks to everyone for the input. I've spoken (via email) to Charlie as well. All data is headed back to be digested by my friend.

jC
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Jim,

What kind of "deal?" Purchase or service? Email me if you want.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions