Defender Source Forum banner

Land Rover Defender KOH 2011 Prep

6K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  cgalpin 
#1 ·
#36 ·
David's unofficial time was 16:38 which puts him as tied for 7th on the day... (the combined top 20 over Tuesday and Wednesday get in) Unless Wednesday is REALLY fast he's pretty much assured a spot in the race on Friday.

Actually it sounds like they've had 6 of the pre-qualified racers drop out so they'll take as many as 26 from the LCQ...

Today's coverange will be here: http://pirate4x4.com/king-of-the-hammers-2011/wednesday.php

should start up about 8:00 am Pacific Time, the D90 is in starting position 12(ish) on the day (47 overall) I'd guess he'll run before noon...

#39 ·
D90 runs next!!!

------ Follow up post added February 9th, 2011 01:11 PM ------

ugh!!! he cleared the first waterfall on Back Door easily then dropped it on it's lid on the second smaller fall... :(

------ Follow up post added February 9th, 2011 01:14 PM ------

they helped him flip back over... that'll be a DNF...

#41 ·
That's some hard country there, boy. Rocks rocks and rocks. Wonder if those rigs would be worth a crap here in the east.

#43 ·
So it looks like Buck just made it in by the skin of his nose. He ended up 21st in the LCQ but someone dropped out so he's in.

I missed him on the interviews but did see Dave Smiley (609) and John Boring/Alan Woodson, two other local guys.

Looking forward to watching some of the race tomorrow. Those rigs are insane - 118mph on the flats and 80+ on the whoops, and then crawling equally well.

#44 ·
Hi Guys,

Here is Nicks LCQ run. A total bummer as he was crazy fast over the first fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BG4uVY8t_0

I made the main race and went 62miles before I grenaded an inner, outer, and ujoint. At the same time lost fuel pressure. The car was running well. I got stuck in the Outer limits nightmare and that cost me huge. Fun anyway.

#45 ·
Well done for making the race and making it that far. The two guys I know both blew trannies early.

I'm not a fan of the rule that getting assistance on a flop in the LCQ disqualifies you, yet it's fine in the race itself. Give a time penalty or something.

I enjoyed watching the race on the priate feed, but they really only covered the back door so we missed a lot of the action. There was no way to get updates on positions unless the vehicle had tracking, and you couldn't read the numbers on half the trucks either.

But yes fun from here too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.