Keying all the doors the same (sides + rear) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

the price i quoted was for a set of 2 keys (and cutting) - my local bellevue LR dealer hand them in stock and cut them in house from the key code i supplied (i had the code tag)

really not bulky at all when combined with the tuffy split key ring and a couple of other keys

95' D90 - daily driver..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2011, 09:43 AM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

I'm resurrecting this old thread because I need to make an extra ignition key and find a match for the door locks (don't have a door key). Does anyone have any different ideas?
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Crash303
Josh Harris
97/ D90 ST #1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest View Post
I tried that method... Didn't work. They STILL ripped my top open. The best part is they actually ripped right next to the zipper instead of just unzipping it. Idiots.

Dude they did the same shit to me and they fucked up the center console that was unlocked!!! Damn ASS BAGS!!

"They are, in factory original condition, noisy, they leak water in from the top and oil out from underneath, you can never demist the windows in winter, they handle like scaffolding towers, and use more fuel than Beijing." Richard Hammond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2011, 12:11 AM
tgraham
Travis Graham
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Quote:
I'm resurrecting this old thread because I need to make an extra ignition key and find a match for the door locks (don't have a door key). Does anyone have any different ideas?
You can re-key the doors to match your ignition key. Here's a great write up:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=20173

The anti-burst latch tumblers work the same way as the SW door latch tumblers, they just have fewer wafers to deal with and are a lot easier to access.

EDIT: oops, IIRC, you need the key to turn the ST tumbler to remove it...

Travis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door, sides