key stuck in ignition - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

You guys both have wheelers then it sounds like. By any chance are you guys going to the Hammers this weekend for the Victor Valley event? I will be there, Running Sledge the first day and Jack the second. It would be good to meet you guys.

On the other run, I have no idea where that is but I am down. I can load up the trailer queen for that!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 27th, 2006, 07:52 AM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

I use to be able to open the door locks on my old 88 range rover with a quarter or a nicklel and I could start it with a flathead screwdriver
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
97D90
Andrew Walcker
1997 Defender 90 LE

David-

I checked with my wife (had to see what was on the "honey do" list) and will try to get out this Sunday to meet you in Johnson Valley. Not exactly sure where Jack is at the Hammers, but if you could point me in the right direction, or even a GPS point it'll make it easier for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97D90
David-

I checked with my wife (had to see what was on the "honey do" list) and will try to get out this Sunday to meet you in Johnson Valley. Not exactly sure where Jack is at the Hammers, but if you could point me in the right direction, or even a GPS point it'll make it easier for me.
Sweet! Okay, Jackhammer is off the base of Sledge at N34, 27.2 miutes; W 116, 28.464 minutes. I have to warn you though, I am not sure what you will be driving out there but Jackhammer is the hardest trail at the Hammers. One of the hardest trails in the U.S. I only plan on running it if I don't break on Saturday but even with 40's, lockers, good flex and wheelbase, this is as much as I want to bite off! But there are trails there that a full bodied jeep on 33's with 2 lockers can make just fine.

We will be rolling to the trail around 8am on sunday. If you can make saturday we are doing the pretty easy Sledge. Should be a fun run. I really hope to see you there. I will be on channel 7 while at camp. Look for the big yellow beast just after the big dip on the left on the main road in. If you have any trouble, I will pm my cell phone to you. Hope you can make it! Dave

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old January 17th, 2008, 07:32 PM
JJB622
Jimmy Baker
1997 BRG D90

I'm experiencing something similar right now on my 97 D90. The truck drives and will shift out of park, but when I turn off the engine, the key won't shift into the off position (thus draining the battery) and come out of the ignition. However, the key WILL come right out when the battery is dead/really weak. Has anyone experienced this? As far as I can tell, the mechanism in the shifter is functioning correctly. Thanks!
Old January 18th, 2008, 02:55 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
JJB622, I think this is what you want to do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
One other thing to check if its an 97 auto D90, (while in Park) take a small knife or flat head screw driver and pop off the center cap on the top of the shifter. In there you will see a small switch that engages when you shift. Once in a while that wont fully return to the safe position when you put it into Park and wont allow you to remove the key. Use the knife or screw driver and just help it back up into place and your key should remove. Mine was doing that once in a while and its just not clicking fully into its safe setting. A little WD40 fixed it up for me.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions